cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula 1 World Champion

TomP
Grafter

Formula 1 World Champion

Will the bright eyed new boy (And clear odds on favourite to win BBC Sports Personality) Hamilton manage to get ahead of the Spanish Bull (In a China shop) Alonso? Or will dull Kimi stroll past the two of them whilst McLaren faff around in the pit-lane deciding what to do...
21 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: Formula 1 World Champion

I'd be very surprised if Hamilton didn't do it.
Would like to see Alonso finish third though Smiley
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Has to be Hamilton really.
RE: Alonso finishign third, I'd like him to finish with some unexplained car failure, just to get him to rage even more. He might even explode! Shocked
TomP
Grafter

Ron Dennis should have a button to shut down Alonsos car whenever he wants. Last lap, in the lead, press the button and watch Hamilton cruise past Grin
Community Veteran

"To finish First, first you must Finish"
Lets just hope there are no more stupid tricks like last weekend!!!
Chilly
TomP
Grafter

'If you're not first, you're last!'
clockley
Grafter

I hope Hamilton wins, but I can see Alonso just doing him, then delaying him sufficiently to lose overall.
ed
Grafter

Yeah that Alonso reminds me of Dick Dastardly, I always wondered if that faulty wheel gun got into Hamiltons pit crew intentionaly, then he aledgedly tried to blackmail Ron Denis over the Ferrari thing. I'd be surprised if Alonso has a job next season as he's no team player for sure.
clockley
Grafter

Dick Dastardly, I love it.
**Muttley laughs**
As far as I understand, and I am not a fan, really, but he will be shuttled back off to Renault.  Which should make next season more interesting.  TBH F1 is PSP time for me whilst the Mrs is rooted to the settee.
Rikaitch
Grafter

I miss the grand old battles of Senna, Prost, Piquet and Mansell. Ho hum. Still at least this year it hasn't been a 1 horse, or even 2 horse race. My money's on Hamilton, but I have to admit it wouldn't surprise me if Alonso gets it. If Kimi gets it, in the words of Fraser from Dad's Army, "We're all doomed." Doomed to be bored to tears of his monotonous voice.
brad
Grafter

Hamilton has got to win and I do not agree with Fernando's tactics. Poor play and hardly teamwork!
Good luck to the lad (Lewis)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Did anybody here have money on Lewis at the beginning of the season? (I didn't  Sad )
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Wonder what the odds were back then?
TomP
Grafter

Quote from: clockley
TBH F1 is PSP time for me whilst the Mrs is rooted to the settee.

Used to be the same for me but it got a bit more exciting with the added bonus of watching an Englishman winning again.
MotoGP all the way
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: TomP
Ron Dennis should have a button to shut down Alonsos car whenever he wants. Last lap, in the lead, press the button and watch Hamilton cruise past Grin

Nice idea but ..... (this goes in to the "I don't beeelieeeve it" category) see this http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=33149