Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot the b word and had a day out.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

Forgot the b word and had a day out.

Well other than pottering around locally or shopping in Bournemouth or Salisbury, we and weather haven't been suitable for outings.

Today looked good, so we bussed in to Bournemouth, and saw an open topper to Swanage on Isle of Purbeck via a chain ferry, all with lovely views. Then hot chocolate at our favourite back street cafe for all things chocolate, a sit on the front, then a good fish lunch and walk up to Peveril Point cliff edge and its Coastwatch station. All was lovely and warm, bar on the buses, where we had good nasal clearing breezes.

I hope not to have bored all you hot debaters, but this topic must be a change from that word. Now what was  it?Undecided Did it begin with 'b'?Grin

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Re: Forgot the b word and had a day out.

Certainly is a lovely run out that you did there... super scenery, and some lovely food. A great way to start off the summer ... May you enjoy many more to come....

Wink

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@Luzern wrote: I hope not to have bored all you hot debaters, but this topic must be a change from that word. Now what was  it?Undecided Did it begin with 'b'?Grin

Sure, Bournemouth  Grin Nice part of the country although from memory, summer time can get pretty busy.

Not much going on here, too cool really. Just waiting for a bit more warmth. Then it'll be, get the cover off the motorbike, shoo the spiders away (although some do wear helmets) and then go for a spin into the Lincolnshire Wolds. Although last night I was reminising and looking at some old photos of the days flying out of Dunkeswell in Devon. Really could do with a spell up in the air. I'll have to see how much an hour costs nowadays. But I'll make sure it isn't a Max.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

@idonno I was being a little economical with the actualite. The whole trip didn't start from Bournemouth but my home town, but I don't like to mention my rs.Shocked 

P.s World and wife must have berm out yesterday. The bus route I took was running 20 to 50 minutes late in the afternoon and evening, due to ferry loadings, even though buses are allowed to barge trough with horn blaring to the front of the queue.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.