cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forged passports

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Forged passports

You’ve all read the news about how the 10 ‘agents’ armed with “forged” passport assassinated the Hamas commander Mahmoud al-Mobhouh.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/feb/16/hamas-leader-murder-hit-squad1
Any ideas or (even wild guesses) as to what really happened.
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: Forged passports

I've long held the opinion, and agreed with by several Jewish friends that: Israel is probably one of the most dangerous nations on Earth. If they are not causing mayhem themselves, most other Arab nations would cheerfully start WW3 to see it obliterated (especially Iran, start to worry if they ever do develop a nuclear bomb)
But to more address your OP obliquely, Israel has never worried about international opinion over what it does. But continues to milk world sympathy over what has been done to them.
I hasten to add, which was horrific.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Whichever way you look at it....... it was all done in the name of GOD...... (of whatever persuasion) .... and of course, God is on the side of the righteous...... isn`t he?  Ooops,.... don`t get too far into religion....
Just seems we are all a load of hypocrites..... Undecided
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and dont forget that the Jewish Religion, Christian and Muslim  are all descendants of the previous and have the same God
Community Veteran

My point exactly  Undecided
community
Grafter

Although in a previous thread I advocated not discussing religion, I cannot resist saying that in my opinion, religion is one of the greatest powers.....for conflict!
at best I would call myself an agnostic, but more of an atheist .
There! I broke my own rule. Wink
But just think how much safer the world would be if we were all atheists........ Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Quote from: Petlew
But continues to milk world sympathy over what has been done to them.
I hasten to add, which was horrific.

And who exactly are "them"?
There is a lot of confusion over what are different things, e.g.:
The Jewish religion
Groups persecuted by the Nazis (East European Jews and others such as Gypsies etc.)
Zionism
The State of Israel
Inhabitants of Israel
Jewish inhabitants of Israel (and the non-Jewish ones)
Israelis who arrived there directly related to the holocaust.
Their descendants and relatives.
Israelis who emigrated from elsewhere by choice (e.g. USA - hardly a place of persecution for them)
etc. etc.
The labels seem to get moved around to suit the convenience of whoever has an axe to grind at the time. This does not honour anyones memory appropriately.
Fixes: 47

Quote from: community
But just think how much safer the world would be if we were all atheists........ Roll eyes

If there was no such thing as religion we would invent it Roll eyes...................again Lips are sealed
It's an excellent thing to fight over Undecided

/Now where did I put that lid for the worm can Undecided
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I agree with most of HPsauses post,
don't mix up jewism with the state of Israel
And yes - Human beings are very fallible, and that includes the organised churches, Jews, Muslems.
But as has I have made clear now, I'm Christian and proud of it, and I'm not certainly going to try to convert anybody  Wink
But don't blame God for what is happening - it's mankind, who is far less than perfect.
we can all argue til the cows come home and we will never agree.
Back to the original question, yes the Israeli state is very very arrogant, selfish and manipulative, and unfortunately they have been backed by the USA becuase of the large jewish vote there. Without the backing of the USA Israel would never have got to strength they now have.
The USA, or factions within the USA  also backed the IRA  in the Irish troubles. Then Bush had the cheek to say if we are didn't back them in the fight against terrorists we were effectively terrorists ourselves.
And of course - yes Bush  proclaimed that his Christian faith was supporting him in his fight against terrorism.
So yes - mankind have been warmongering for eternity, but not just in countries that believe in the God from the
old testament, but in countries around the world.
It is very very sad, and horrific - but in my view not fair to blame it on God.
It's not just wars etc that have been the result of faulty human religious behaviour, for centuries the church backed the state, backed those in authority and kept the masses supressed, even until recently many churches had the laird, lord of the manner controlling the church council and effectually kept the masses under control.
But fortunately these days, that is largely history and churches are largely democratic.

And don't forget countries like China, Russian North Korea, were they fighting in the name of God - I think not.
Community Veteran

But don't blame God for what is happening - it's mankind, who is far less than perfect.

The chinese have their "gods" or God..... the Russians have there God.... (orthodox russian church, and others) similarly, so do the Koreans (north and south).... each religion has it`s own GOD... and each religion uses the "power of God" to control the people who worship that same God....  All men are equal, and therefore all God`s are equal.....
I am not "blaming" God... what I did say, and you came round to saying at the last line, was that it is "all done in the name of GOD".....
Community Veteran

The revolution in Russia was done in the name of Atheism i think you will find, and the Russian orthodox church has only really been revived since the end of the USSR.
But we will never agree on these sort of subjects and I'm not going to fall out with my online friends about it  Smiley Wink Wink
Community Veteran

Neither am I..... conkers at noon, behind the bike shed then.... Cheesy
Community Veteran

Yes shutter - a bit like mess deck arguments - there are few winners  Cheesy Smiley
beside - i'm a bit outnumbered here at the moment  - and you lot wouldn't want to be accused of bullying  Wink Smiley Grin
lets get back to the original subject about the State of Israel -
and why do so many many people call it " Is re al" the 'e' before the 'a' 
Community Veteran

Quote from: mal0z
why do so many many people call it " Is re al" the 'e' before the 'a' 

Can't spell maybe? Like you  Wink :

I agree with most of HPsauses post
Community Veteran

It's conkers for you behind the bike sheds too  Wink Smiley