Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Aid

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Foreign Aid

I would ask that you give consideration to adding your name to this petition,
mailonsunday.co.uk/foreignaid
You could go direct to the site but this link will provide more details on why this petition has been started.
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Foreign Aid

Must be easter bank holiday.... or the linky doesn`t work on Sundays ! ! ...  Cheesy
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

I agree too much aid is wasted abroad , Signed  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

indeed the problem for me isn't the bribes they pay out for the trade deals with various countries big and small (because the tiny amount of upfront cash outlay is dwarfed by the income generated from the trade deals) but the outright waste and crass stupidity of paying terrorists so they can buy more hardware to attack you or your allies with ..... your literally paying trice when you could of just upgraded the amount of welfare subsidies on offer at home instead of paying someone to fight you so you can pay soldiers and buy ammo to fend them off .....
but I have long suspected that all so called charity is designed primarily to maintain the status quo, the third world hasn't improved one iota in the last 50 years despite the trillions of aid monies and starving thirsty millions haven't had their lot improved, oh sure for a couple of years while the cameras were around they were going great guns but the second they left, the local warlord rolled in slaughtered and poisoned everything and everyone and left the area just as desperate as they had been before the aid agencies tipped up  if not in a worse situation than before, what with the aid agencies having been paying the warlord  his bribes and gifting him with better vehicles and training to kill the subjugated masses ......
lets call it a trade levvy and stop giving any of it away at all and that way were certain that 100% of it is going where its most needed and 0% of it is getting abused anymore !
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

This morning there were approx 34,000 signatures on this petition, the  figure is now over 75,000 which shows that at least some people are bothered about it.
Sad to see there seems little interest on the forum other than those who have already commented.
Embarrassed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

If we leave the EU (whose economy is going the way of many other countries), will we end up paying out Foreign Aid to them as well?
Giving support for the right reasons and with the right results is a good thing, supporting corrupt regimes (even if not intentionally) probably makes things worse for those truly in need.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

I'm in!  Smiley
Geoff,
York.
RobPN
Aspiring Pro

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

The old saying " Charity begins at HOME "
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Fixes: 125

Signed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

alanj
Grafter

I am appalled, but not surprised, by the level of ignorance and selfishness demonstrated by those posting on this thread.
i just hope and pray that those of you who have signed the petition find that you are reincarnated into a life of impoverishment in a developing country so you can know what it's like.
What an appalling way for so many people in a supposedly Christian country to behave on Easter Day.
[Moderator's note by Mike (Mav) Personal attack on forum members removed as per forum rule.]
nanotm
Pro

@alanj
Unless we were likely to personally benefit from allowing a reactionary fund to disburse various amounts as and when required directly in support of the needy then how can it be selfish?
It's self evident that the plight of the 3rd world has remained extant largely because charitable and foreign aid efforts have been an abject failure either through design or through incompetency, 
The impact of your moral outrage is rather undermined by reality, things like certain charities utilizing Pinewood studios in a fictional recording about the plight of some child or other, and then you suggesting that we are unchristian for seeing the corruption and lies for what it is.....no where in the bible does it say we should keep doing the same thing even though it doesn't work.....and clearly foreign aid policy and overseas charities are more akin to cruel and unusual punishment than long term help to make things better!
alanj
Grafter

@nanotm
And your argument (insofar as I can make one out) is rather undermined by your usual inability or unwillingness to string together an even vaguely comprehensible sentence.
Community Veteran

Our Foreign Aid budget has got out of control.
I have to agree with rongtw
Quote from: rongtw
The old saying " Charity begins at HOME "

nanotm
Pro

Quote from: alanj
@nanotm
And your argument (insofar as I can make one out) is rather undermined by your usual inability or unwillingness to string together an even vaguely comprehensible sentence.

theres a bit of scripture in the good book that describes what ails you, blindly doing the same thing and refusing to see the light .......