Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Kuga

8BKA
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Ford Kuga

Do you get a free Disklok with new Fords as I have seen so many with the steering wheel locks fitted

Brian A

Community Veteran
Fixes: 37

@RobPN - After viewing that video if I were @Infinity I'd be looking for a refund, that's very worrying, no not worrying scary, so much so I wouldn't have any trust in the car, never mind the marque.

Infinity
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@8BKA wrote:

Do you get a free Disklok with new Fords as I have seen so many with the steering wheel locks fitted

Brian A

@Infinity wrote:

I also have a full steering wheel Disklok as a visual deterrent I would occasionally use.

You can configure the keyless transmitter so that it operates as a "normal" wireless transmitter, ie Press to Unlock, Press to Lock, Double press to security lock inside too, press to close all windows, etc......

I will be starting off in this mode, but still securing the key fob in an RFID pouch, and inside a Faraday Cage indoors.

You can also have the multifunction 8" display to require a PIN code to start the engine.

I'm still finding my way around all the security features.

The Kuga also comes with built in "find my car"

As always with my cars, I am aware of being followed, as part of security.

And approaching a car.

Anywhere I consider a bit dodgy, I use a Taxi.

As I've mentioned before, one of the main considerations is that there is a local Ford Dealership.

And in purchasing two, I got a very good deal on the total price.

Infinity
Seasoned Pro

@Mook wrote:

@RobPN - After viewing that video if I were @Infinity I'd be looking for a refund, that's very worrying, no not worrying scary, so much so I wouldn't have any trust in the car, never mind the marque.

Totally different older model, which was sorted anyway with a recall.

Thanks for your input. I was aware, and it was discussed at point of sale.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 37

@Infinity wrote:

Totally different older model, which was sorted anyway with a recall.

Thanks for your input. I was aware, and it was discussed at point of sale.

Fair enough @Infinity, but even with a recall albeit on an older version I still wouldn't, couldn't trust it. Here's hoping yours benefits from lessons learned and a better build quality.

Infinity
Seasoned Pro

BMW anyone !!

BMW recall 2018 - 1.6 million diesel cars worldwide at risk of FIRE, is yours affected?

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1035380/BMW-recall-2018-diesel-cars-UK-fire?utm_source=fee...

I think many car manufacturers have problems !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Every time I see one of the smaller SUV's, can I say smaller - smaller small utility vehicle, I'm strangely reminded of my old Morris 1000 and cars of that era.

It's the ground clearance I guess.

Infinity
Seasoned Pro

Citroën 2cv's also had legendary ground clearance.

citroen_2cv_special_2.jpgCitroën 2cv

https://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=73535

https://www.citroen.co.uk/about-citroen/our-brand/citroen-2cv

"Pierre Boulanger wanted to create a car that could be driven by farmers and could quickly start in the morning without any worries after a night outside.

Comfort was not the priority and with the poor state of roads at the time, the 2CV had to have a very flexible suspension.

It was expected that the 2CV could cross ploughed field with a basket of eggs in the trunk without breaking any.

Because of its basic features, the 2CV was described as “four wheels under an umbrella”."

Infinity
Seasoned Pro

It's 4x4 AWD, Heated Rear Window, Heated Windscreen, Heated Seats & Heated Steering wheel time....

0C  271018.jpg

Some variants also have Park Heating, to warm up the Kuga interior before getting in !

(I don't think mine do though)

Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 03.49.41.jpg

Older models just had the engine catch fire !!!!!   (JOKECool smiley

Infinity
Seasoned Pro

@Infinity wrote:

@Infinity wrote:

One of our Jeep Grand Cherokees is starting to show its age, so we are looking to replace it.

Ladybower 131017 4.JPG

Guess what !!!

Had a couple of test drives of Kugas today.......... And I bought a brand new one !

Going for Black, it looks magnificent.

Petrol engine, automatic gearbox, and AWD

And here it is, day out at Ladybower reservoir today, which is very nearly dry, making the flooded village partially visible.

Black Beauty:

PN KUGA LADYBOWER 301118 2.1MB.jpgBlack Beauty at Ladybower Reservoir