Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For goodness sake, no more...

Fixes: 125

For goodness sake, no more...

...advice on how to live our lives!
Too little or no jogging can shorten our life-span Roll eyes
U.S researchers found that the people who live for the longest are those who do a moderate amount of exercise.
This amounts to two to three hours of running a week, Health Day reports.

Now we need 7 portions of fruit or veg
A study of 65,226 men and women indicated the more fruit and vegetables people ate, the less likely they were to die - at any given age.
Seven a day cut the risk of dying from cancer and heart disease.
But the government says its "five-a-day" advice is sufficient and that many of us struggle to achieve even this.

So much conflicting information 'out there'!
Years ago I remember reading how bread and potatoes were good for health then, in the 80's I think, they were deemed bad for you.
Life should be for living to the best we can to enjoy it to the full how we, as individuals, want to.
Or we could all live in bubbles eating our 7 a day, jogging between 17.14 and 25.71 minutes a day, and never actually making contact with anyone in fear of 'catching something'

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: For goodness sake, no more...

I vaguely remember a Health warning... that  Cornflakes were bad for the heart    !...
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Agreed, Mav.
I think a positive mental attitude and freedom from stress are far more important than fretting about the latest food 'advice'.
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

I remember a doctor paying a home visit to my dear old Gran and strongly recommending a bottle of stout a day.
We even used to buy her fortified wine with extra iron.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Mav
Too little or no jogging can shorten our life-span

Jog on!
Quote from: Mav
Seven a day cut the risk of dying from cancer and heart disease.

No thanks (yuk).
Quote from: billnotben
strongly recommending a bottle of stout a day.

That's more like it.
Quote from: Foresee
I think a positive mental attitude and freedom from stress are far more important than fretting about the latest food 'advice'.

Absolutely!
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
TORPC
Grafter

They used to recommend a drop of Whiskey or Brandy in the babies bottle(s) Wink
Can not remember the reason(s) why though
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

to sterilise the teat, treat wind, and if you were a true believer then dipping the dummy into gin regularly was to aid the child in avoiding an untimely accident at the hands of an overly harried parent .....
coincidentally gripe water was at one stage not so long ago neat gin, and all of my offspring were introduced to the sleep aiding effects of dummies dipped in whisky of a night time if they were being particularly restless .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you