Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For all those drive to distrubution centres

TORPC
Grafter

For all those drive to distrubution centres

Case 263 - Blanket use of hazard lights at distribution centres
[quote= http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/myth-busting/2014/case263-hazard-lights-distribution-centres.htm?ebul=hsegen&cr=2/31-mar-14]Issue
Enquirer works as a lorry driver and quite often has to go on to a premises where the customer requires that he use his hazard lights while driving on their site. When he goes onto a site like a large distribution centre and every vehicle has it's hazard lights on and it is dark, this causes confusion as you can not indicate at all to any other driver what your intentions are. They say it is in the name of health and safety but he thinks this is contrary to anything health and safety would say.
Case 264 - Customer access to a delivery office yard stopped
[quote= http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/myth-busting/2014/case264-customer-access-delivery-office-yard.htm?ebul=hsegen&cr=3/31-mar-14]Issue
Until recently visitors to a parcel delivery office have been able to drive directly into the delivery office yard when going to collect retained mail, oversize packages etc. This facility has now been stopped on the grounds of "to assist with improvements of Health and Safety…" and visitors must now park in the road outside and walk in to the yard through a new pedestrian access gate. Enquirer contends that the real reason for the change was not "Health and Safety" but was for improved security as the yard vehicle access gates can now be closed at all times when not directly in use.

Case 268 - Customer not allowed to drop a parcel off at a courier depot and courier drivers not allowed mobile phones
[quote= http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/myth-busting/2014/case268-courier-depot-parcel-drop-off.htm?ebul=hsegen&cr=7/31-mar-14]Issue
Courier quoting health and safety as the reason enquirer cannot drop a parcel off at their depot yet they have been able to pick up parcels from other couriers. On a live chat, the company said their drivers cannot have mobile phones due to health and safety yet the enquirer frequently has couriers calling from their vans to get directions.
13 REPLIES
Devonian
Grafter

Re: For all those drive to distrubution centres

LOL
Fixes: 47

Wouldn't it be easier to have a man walking in front of the vehicle waving a red flag and swinging a lantern with a lit candle inside?
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
TORPC
Grafter

Next some may say bring back the original Horse Powered, mode(s) of transport  Cheesy
However the Horses will most likely have to wear nappies to prevent accidental foot in manure issue(s)  Grin Lips are sealed
[grabs coat]
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Just put everything back on rails with a snow shield on the front to splat people out of the way - job done!  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

Steam / Diesel / or Hybrid powered ?? Cheesy
Community Veteran

Leccy - cos if they're really stupid enough to stay in the way you can fry them while splattin  Grin
TORPC
Grafter

That was hence the hybrid  Cheesy Grin
Community Veteran

Ya but a hybrid has two power sources, i only need leccy  Tongue
TORPC
Grafter

Passes on passing you some jumper cables Grin Roll eyes
Fixes: 47

I have a nice jumper knitted in cable stitch Smiley
No...I don't know where that one came from either Undecided
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Devonian
Grafter

Could you knit me a scarf please Uncle Strat?  Grin
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
I have a nice jumper knitted in cable stitch Smiley
<snip>

At least it will keep the walkers (NOT the CRISPS  Cheesy (get that idea OUT of YOUR HEAD)) in front of the vehicles in candlelight warm
@Devonian
A Scarf would also keep them there walkers (See 2 lines above) warm  Roll eyes (great thinking)
Devonian
Grafter

The main depot I work from is a health and safety nightmare!
During the day there are some 70 vans, 20 7.5tonners and 3 HGV on site, and mostly inside the warehouse... the manager makes everybody drive with dipped headlights and hazards flashing... it's like a 1980's school disco!  Grin
Night time is even worse though, there are 40 vans parked indoors.. then around 20 popping in and out during the night, plus the trucks.. add to that half asleep agency staff...  Cheesy Cheesy