Did you mean: 

Food glorious Food 2019

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Food glorious Food 2019

Please sir, can I have some more ?

Food Tier.jpg

We like all of these..... apart from Jellied Eels !

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7135031/The-best-worst-British-Survey-reveals-tastiest-yuck...

38 REPLIES 38
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Food glorious Food 2019

What, no gazpacho at the top of the list?

The Mail and YouGov survey guys need to get a grip, it was the most asked for soup in the workhouse - just ask Mr Bumble!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have thought Pizza would be included ?

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Pizza! Perish the thought....its Italian. But I tend to eat one a week at least. I suppose Indian food is now British Smiley as the food list looks like best of British. Yes, I'd start to forgo jellied eels, even black pudding. Yuk. But the rest is ok Grin

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

When cooked black pudding is nothing more than a fried scab!

Highlighted
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@Anonymous I've cooked many a black pudding (for others) when doing the Sunday morning fry up but I think when it comes to eating it, it should be on Trump's entity list. Grin

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 27

@Anonymous Maybe, but when, many years ago we used to get it from the local farmer/butcher, I used to really enjoy it. Todays' processed variety really is yuck, though.

John
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Most of them would fine by me although not in that order.

Black pudding, haggis, faggots, liver, kidney... err, no thanks although granted a lot of such stuff must slip through the net and finish up on my plate. I think I have a pretty broad taste in food but some I just cannot stomach the thought of and at the top of that list and like @Anonymous it would have to be black pudding. 

Worst ever put in front of me? Deep fried pigs trotters!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

When we were a lot younger we were fed things like Steak and Kidney, Liver and Onion, Haggis and Faggots, but now the thought of eating them repulses me, I just couldn't do it. I'm no vegan or vegetarian but there are some things I simply wouldn't, couldn't eat now.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Exactly the same here @Anonymous 

Times change, and now any offal (or 'guts' as my son calls them) is a definite no thanks from me... and the Mrs as it happens. And how about tripe? How anybody could eat that is beyond me. 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed they have and as the general fortune of the populous has changed there is no longer a need to eat the offal. I can understand the ‘logic’ of haggis, waste not, want not, but whoever had the bright idea to boil the green out of a cow’s guts then eat it needs their head looking at. I’m surprised it’s not been on the menu of “I’m a has been, get me out of here!”

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

I've eaten liver and kidney when I was younger and can even remember getting pork chops with a bit of kidney attached, probably the butchers (including supermarkets) trying to pull a fast one by selling kidney at chop prices.  ISTR 'brains' being included in the list of offal menus at at least one school I attended.

Wouldn't touch any of those nowadays.

I've never tried a few of the items on the list such as jellied eels, laver bread, haggis and black pudding and can't imagine ever needing to do so.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but without checking I seem to remember that haggis is not even Scottish but in fact originally from England.

Am I complaining? Heck no!

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@RobPN 

Lava bread and cockles are often on a 'Welsh breakfast' menu but again from me, err, no thanks.Tongue

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@Minivanman wrote:

... but in fact originally from England.

As, I believe, is Flied Lice.