Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Company`s LEGAL SCAM

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Food Company`s LEGAL SCAM

After seeing this report

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8116185/Heinz-Baked-Beans-fans-fuming-brand-shrinks-tins-...

I can add my own version of the LEGAL SCAM being passed on by the supermarkets.

Flora Margarine.... Normal sized tub.... same colours...  Finished one this morning.. got  another out of the fridge, noticed that the amount inside, was "flattened" as if it had been scraped automatically, after being filled,

Then I noticed the red label, on the side... checked underneath, both tubs.. and LOOK SEE...

Flora 001.jpg

Flora 002.jpg

A LEGAL RIP-OFF... a LEGAL SCAM.

Can`t say for certain, whether the supermarket priced it at the same price as the500g tub...but it would not surprise me if they had. 

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Food Company`s LEGAL SCAM

Yep not so much of a value pack, when you're paying the same for less content.

Bit like my train company saying "In order to offer you a better service, we are going to reduce it". Funny how they don't reduce the fares to compensate?

Or the government saying "In order to help save the planet, we're raising taxes".

I am by no means the smartest person in the world, but I wasn't born yesterday.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Coca Cola did something like that a few years back, they "improved" their leading brand line cola's appeal by changing the bottle to the wibbly-wobbly shape it is now, and by reducing from 2 Litres to 1.75 Litres & increasing the price, so quite literally a case of less is more, the less you get, the more it costs!!! 🤔

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Yeah I remember that, they shot themselves in the foot by selling Tap Water labelled as "Dasini".

I know where the factory is, not that far from me. Drove past it.

It got cancelled, and I remember the jokes regarding "Only Fools and Horses" and "Peckham Spring" at the time.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Tom Scott did a good one-take video of the Dasani flop, he also did a video with Ashens too tasting an original bottle of the stuff, which apparently smelled like a drainpipe, fitting given it was from Thames Water... 🤣

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Thanks @twocvbloke for that.

It did make me laugh.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Bit like some of these boxes which state, ‘contents might settle’.....

When you open it it’s only half full.

Another good supermarket scam is price reduced on a double pack of cheese...but when you compare the weight and price of a single pack it’s cheaper to buy two single packs despite the fact there is no label saying the price is reduced.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

You may remember i've previously brought up the subject of Heinz ketchup...

screenshot-955

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@gleneagles wrote:

Another good supermarket scam is price reduced on a double pack of cheese...but when you compare the weight and price of a single pack it’s cheaper to buy two single packs despite the fact there is no label saying the price is reduced.

Quite often happens that the larger packs may not be best value, but two smaller ones are cheaper, but with almost twice as much packaging...

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 1

Wow @7up You like your ketchup.

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@Mook wrote:

Wow @7up You like your ketchup.

Isn't ketchup one of your five a day ?

The difference between knowledge and wisdom is that knowledge tells you a tomato

is a fruit,  however wisdom tells you not to put it in a fruit salad.......

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Yup @7up has been stockpilng the Tommo Sause 😀
(That is me being sarcastic, so don't take offence).

I am supposed to be meeting a dietrican, and with obviously the fun and games of current events it was cancelled.

Since I don't eat fruit or veg, as I don't like them that will be interesting.

Them: Do you eat any fruit or veg?
Me: No.
Them: Oh there could be a problem.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

I've not stocked up on ketchup lol.. i try to avoid shops and supermarkets as much as i can - i dislike them. My partner however has certainly been stocking up on it as little 7up loves the stuff too - just like me. We get through quite a lot of it and now the missus won't buy anything other than heinz - no cheap supermarket versions etc for the little man..

Like you I don't like fruit or veg. I'll eat the odd few strawberries here and there and green grapes sometimes but bananas are vile along with oranges although i did go through a phase of falling in love with golden delicious apples - but they have to be dark green not yellow or they lose their sweet taste.

As for veg, I can't say i like any of them. I'll eat peas, carrots and brocolli at a push but i can't say i actually like any of them - i've just got used to the taste and texture and learnt to put up with it.

My son however loves bananas, kiwis, oranges, satsumas, grapes, strawberries, apples.. anything natural and colourful and he'll be pleading for it - even after sweets! I'm very proud of him. He gets that from his mum who would give him nothing but healthy stuff from an early age and to him that is instinctive. For me, all i remember from an early age was eating anything but fruit and veg. Chips, sausages, egg (and soldiers) but never fruit or veg and so to me it is not instinctive food. My mother would argue differently but then she also claimed never to smoke since being pregnant and yet i clearly remember her smoking round me as a tot - and even telling her friend "he won't remember". 35 years later i still do.

So like you Alex I have a pretty bad diet, the missus has got me eating more healthy stuff than i would normally eat but something that stuck with me was a period in 2013 when i was in hospital and didn't eat for a week. The medics were getting worried about me not wanting to eat (incredibly unusual for me) so the missus grabbed me a bar of dairy milk. All I can say is that after a week of not eating and my taste buds resetting to how nature intended them, the dairy milk tasted absolutely disgusting and i realised just how much **** they're putting into this stuff we're all addicted to. Of course ever since xmas a couple of years back when some idiot brought round the celebrations i was avoiding chocolate but now i'm hooked on it again. Thing is i could literally give it up again today.. but i get bored easily..

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Never liked tomato ketchup......Now HP sauce....that’s a different matter...not many meals when I don’t use it.

😀

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@gleneagles wrote:

Now HP sauce

😀

Has to be HP Fruity sauce for me.