cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fog!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Fog!

Of the thick variety in Brisbane, Australia this morning.

brisbain.png

5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Fog!

So, there is an advantage in living in a Hi-Rise apartment block, after all  ! !

Minivanman
Hero

Quite impressive, and although not quite Brisbane, driving down into Lampeter from the south west some mornings you often get a very similar view - and it can be quite disorientating. Also seen the same sort of thing looking out from Shaftesbury, home of that Hovis advert!

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

Friend of mine was walking towards Kinder downfall, from the top, in thick fog when he managed to get off the track. He couldn’t see the ground, that area has a few sheer drops, so picked up a length of stick followed his compass Westward and tapped his way. Suddenly there was no resounding TAP TAP, he was tapping thin air, a cliff edge.

He turned to face East and reached out with his stick and tapped again – thin air

He tried North – again no ground, tried South - again thin air.

So he sat down, took out his stove and made a brew and waited for the fog to lift.

The fog lifted, he looked down found his stick had broken

*/ coat

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

But he enjoyed his cup of tea ! ! Smiley

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

shutter wrote:

So, there is an advantage in living in a Hi-Rise apartment block, after all  ! !

That's why areas of London like Hampstead and Muswell Hill became so sought-after; they were above the smog.