cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fog!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Fog!

Of the thick variety in Brisbane, Australia this morning.

brisbain.png

5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 18

Re: Fog!

So, there is an advantage in living in a Hi-Rise apartment block, after all  ! !

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Quite impressive, and although not quite Brisbane, driving down into Lampeter from the south west some mornings you often get a very similar view - and it can be quite disorientating. Also seen the same sort of thing looking out from Shaftesbury, home of that Hovis advert!

view-from-breakfast-table.jpg

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Friend of mine was walking towards Kinder downfall, from the top, in thick fog when he managed to get off the track. He couldn’t see the ground, that area has a few sheer drops, so picked up a length of stick followed his compass Westward and tapped his way. Suddenly there was no resounding TAP TAP, he was tapping thin air, a cliff edge.

He turned to face East and reached out with his stick and tapped again – thin air

He tried North – again no ground, tried South - again thin air.

So he sat down, took out his stove and made a brew and waited for the fog to lift.

The fog lifted, he looked down found his stick had broken

*/ coat

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 18

But he enjoyed his cup of tea ! ! Smiley

Jonpe
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

shutter wrote:

So, there is an advantage in living in a Hi-Rise apartment block, after all  ! !

That's why areas of London like Hampstead and Muswell Hill became so sought-after; they were above the smog.