Did you mean: 

Fog lights

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Fog lights

@shutter

Fully agree with you.

These days many sections of motorways have no lighting at all and those that do, have poor lighting due to the bulbs being changed to led bulbs or similar, now combine that with fog and you have a accident waiting to happen.....there have been a number of instances where a number of vehicles have been involved in a single accident due to fog.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@Strat

You are lucky to still be here !

Wink

Highlighted
Fixes: 453

Yes, I prefer to be a forum moderator than a police statistic.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 77.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
Highlighted
Fixes: 403

I know the M25 is often prone to thick patches of fog. One night around 2000 I was driving back from Woking at 3am to Dartford hitting many patches where visibility was so poor you could barely see the end of the bonnet, At times I would reduce speed to 20mph. Stilll saw many taking their lives in their hands by going past between estimated speeds of 50 and 70 Crazy2

Where I now live I am often behind someone with rear fog light(s) on in clear sunshine... and they can still dazzle.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 1

A problem that I have is that because my lighting is automated - headlights illuminate when the light is poor and automatically dip and alter their beam according to speed, vehicles, street lighting etc. - I’ve got very out of the habit of switching them on manually. Unfortunately the automatics don’t react to fog unless it’s very dense and dark. I expect quite a few people find this problem.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!