Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flying Scotsman

Community Veteran
Fixes: 20

Flying Scotsman

Just seen a trailer for a program tonight at 21:00 on Channel 5  

"The unstoppable Flying Scotsman"...

Copied from  http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail/2928116/136175385/the-unstoppable-flying-scotsman

During its lifetime, the Flying Scotsman has broken records, travelled the world, starred in a movie and even bankrupted its owners. Engineer Rob Bell presents the first of a two-part documentary charting the history of the world's most famous steam locomotive, looking at why has it inspired such affection among steam fans and still attracts huge crowds wherever it goes

If you miss it... it should be on 5+1 at 22:00

4 REPLIES
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Flying Scotsman

I saw a trailer to the prog, but I have to wonder about another 'steamer'..Mallard. Nothing seems to be mentioned about that one. Mallard was built in Doncaster and broke the world speed record for a steam train (126 mph).

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Highlighted
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

one to watch tomorrow Thumbs Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 20

Mallard did get a mention in the latter part of the program.... historically, Flying Scotsman was a sort of  "test bed" for Mallard, as explained in the program..   engineering skills when FS was being designed and built had not "improved" sufficiently for Mallard to have been built... Mallard, was the GT version of the Flying Scotsman, i.e. "the next generation"  due to improved valves,etc, and engineering and the streamlined covering of the origianl FS type of engine.4

Keep your eyes on the schedules for Part Two of the program

Meanwhile, I think it is Saturday evening... a new series about the Yorkshire Steam Railway.. aka the North York Moors Railway.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@shutter

Thanks for the info, will watch out for that one.  Thumbs Up

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.