cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flu

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Flu

Ok it's not real flu, just a heavy cold with the usual symptoms.
Anyone else ended up with a cold ? or have myself and swmbo just been unlucky ?
15 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: Flu

Because you been on holiday.
I only go down with a cold when I go away. I put it down to being exposed to viruses that I have no antibodies for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@ gleneagles.... yes... me and the missus... both have had very bad colds... runny noses... bunged up sinus... headache.... aching limbs. and generally feeling very run down...

had the flu jab in late November..... never had any flu or cold previously... wonder if this strain was too strong, or not strong enough...#
Can`t get a refund on it for being " not fit for purpose"... or for not " last a "reasonable amount of time" under the sale fo goods act,... cos ... we did not pay for it....  Cry
Glad to say, I am over it ( almost )... still coughing up some green bits  Cheesy  but feeling quite good now.... missus is about 48 hours behind. and is lying on the settee in mortal danger  Shocked
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I've had the flu jab for the last 5 years after the cancer diagnosis.
This year had it early - about mid October.
So far no advesre side effects or the flu itself.
Not had 'man flu' either .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Thought I was getting something the other day, but, I guess my garlic consumption defeated it, cos garlic is amazing at killing bacteria and viruses, also kills the social life, but, I don't have one so I'm good... Grin
Community Veteran

Yup, unlucky here too. 7up jnr had it first then he gave it to me for xmas (could have been a ferrari lol) and then she got it... for 36 hours before getting shot of it... 2 weeks later i still have it. It's going... but i still have it.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 125

I had man flu early December, think I caught it from my granddaughter. It started off as a migraine but developed quite quickly and knocked me out for best part of a week.
I'm one of those that if someone sneezes near me on a bus without using a handkerchief by the next day I've got a cold. I also suffer from Gilbert's syndrome with which many people have reported that they seem more susceptible to colds and they are worse than expected Sad
Last week Jeremy Vine was reported under the BBC's Equality and Diversity Code for saying he had man flu!
Liked his twitter comment:
But the following day he posted on Twitter: 'Oh great, someone's reported me under the BBC Equality and Diversity Code because I told @DrSarahJarvis yesterday I had man flu.'

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav
I also suffer from Gilbert's syndrome with which many people have reported that they seem more susceptible to colds and they are worse than expected Sad

So it is official enough to have a name!!!
I reckon i must suffer with that then... like you i only have to see someone with the lergy and i go down with it a day or two later. It really does my head in... but i never catch anything else - no stomach bugs, diahorrea, rash, etc... none of them. Just the flaming cold.. and when i get it, it really knocks me about.
Fixes: 125

Gilbert's syndrome is a diagnosed condition where sufferers have a faulty gene which causes the liver to have problems removing bilirubin from the blood.
In itself the condition isn't dangerous but can lead to having jaundice and exacerbate other illnesses especially things like colds and flu.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Been feeling much better for past 24 hours..... no runny nose, or aches and pains... but am still coughing up green blobs every 5 minutes...
( enjoy your lunch  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy )
jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

Thanks shutter  Roll eyes - fortunately, I've eaten and digested my lunch early for a change.
Hope the improvement continues.
John
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
but am still coughing up green blobs every 5 minutes...

You're lucky! With me it's every 30 seconds.
Community Veteran

told ya.... I`m feeling better  Grin
BenG
Grafter

My dad first started with a cold about  6 weeks back and still has it, My mam started about a week latter and has also lasted about 4 weeks, I started about 2 weeks before christmas and still not over it feels like my nose is const blocked. I a few people have also had it to and have had is about the same amount of time. so if you just started out with it be perpared to have it some time it a nasty thing. my advise is take some paracetamol evey 4 hours. won;t get rid of it, but will bring the tempture down.
o Happy New Year.  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Eeew, just cleaned my keyboard in case your viruses are seeping through the internet.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.