cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flu Jabs

nadger
Rising Star

Flu Jabs

It's that time of the year again - just had ours and SWMBO was persuaded, by nurse and me, to also have pneumonia jab.
Don't think I score highly on the popularity chart right now  Cry
11 REPLIES
jmd
Grafter

Re: Flu Jabs

Had mine last Wednesday - our GP practice [there are 16 GPs ] use the Town Hall and invited everyone to attend over two days.  The WRVS provide tea and coffee and the local NHS puts on a display about healthy living!
Fixes: 47

Never had one even though my Daughter keeps on at me.
I might get the occasional cold like ( last week Roll eyes ) but on the whole I survive. Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I have one every year and will be booking in for mine when I get home to the UK.  I think they work.
TicnTac
Grafter

I had my pneumonia vaccine last year, this year, I'm just about through my fourth bout of pneumonia this year, as Adam know's almost didn't see this one through  Sad  Undecided so much good that vaccine did  Roll eyes
However, I can't complain about the flu jabs, although it does depend who jabs them in  Roll eyes some are better than others!
All I can say, that even with the mix this year of flu/swine, it shouldn't do you any harm, therefore if you can get one, get one!
nadger
Rising Star

It's several years since I had pneumonia jab.
Don't think any of the jabs is claimed to prevent, only lessen the effects - fortunately I've never had a problem with people sticking needles in me.
Community Veteran

Isn't the pneumonia jab a one off or does it have to be repeated at some time?  I had one about 3 years ago and not been offered one since.
Not being up with the UK news at present, has it been confirmed that this year's flu jab is being mixed with the swine flu vaccine?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

yes - there was a thread about it earlier
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,89069.0.html
Community Veteran

Thanks Jim.  From what I can see the idea has been rejected here in Florida.  Don't know why or if the decision is nationwide or not.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

One of the potential problems is that a second dose of swine flu vaccine can have serious side effects in children and perhaps they are playing safe (alternatively they may not have millions of doses they don't know what to do with)
Community Veteran

Yes, being so litigious I guess the manufacturers wouldn't take the risk over here Wink
I don't know what the last UK government paid for the swine flu vaccine plus the helplines etc  that were set up but it was another example of a complete waste of money Sad
TicnTac
Grafter

The first pneumonia vaccine I had was every 5-6 years, then it went to 10  Undecided trying to save money or it was at the time proving to be quite effective for folks  Undecided not to sure? Round four hasn't been fun, so hoping we can find a new treatment for next time  Undecided