cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flickr - is DIABOLICAL - any alternative?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Flickr - is DIABOLICAL - any alternative?

Flickr has changed its layout, and it is awful..... apparently 1,000`s of users have complained about it, but I can`t find my way around my own page(s) unless I have a 48 hour pass and meals on wheels deliveries.... it is so Slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow,.. to try and navigate from page to page.  the page response is diabolical .
I would like to voice my complaints to them, but can`t find out how to do that, and I`m not going to waste my time looking..... I shall be looking for an alternative and cancelling my flickr account as soon as possible....... unless they revert back...
does anyone else who uses it, think the same? 
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Flickr - is DIABOLICAL - any alternative?

Well, apparently, quite a lot of flickr users agree....
check out the flickr official feedback page....
http://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157633547442506/
which I found by going onto Google, and using a link..... not from my page ...  Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

photobucket? - Thats the only photo hosting I've ever used so the only one I can recommend really.
Other than that, just for uploading and sharing on forums I use postimage.org
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: shutter
does anyone else who uses it, think the same?   

I think that Flickr is now shit
shalom2010
Grafter

Looks like I'm the only one then thinking 'it's great - 1tb wow!'. I've backed up all my photos on Flickr & I like the way of viewing them.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Quote from: Sprite
photobucket? - Thats the only photo hosting I've ever used so the only one I can recommend really.

Same here. Been using them for a few years now and have never had occasion to contemplate changing.
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

After pratting about with the new style flickr.........

I think I have found a way of getting the old style flickr...!...
log in as normal...... get the crap screen sorted out and find "your photostream"..... click on that... and then ...... bookmark/favourite the URL.  ..... close down the page...
Open Google  ..... click on Favourites/bookmarks..... move your Flickr listing nearer the top.... click on it, and then it should open on your photostream as it used to look....
now... if you are signed in.... you will have the tool bar with contacts etc at the top left.... if you are not signed in...you won`t.... so at the top right is the sign in box... this brings up the normal sign in box, and when completed you will have the "old" flickr page at your disposal with your contacts etc....
in other words.... you are bypassing the new Flickr opening page from the sign in box...
Community Veteran

ipernity.com
Community Veteran

Just had a look at that.... and may transfer to it... although you need a "pro" account with  Flickr to do an "on line" transfer of pics from there...
Seems strange that I can "log in" using my Flickr log in though... just wonder who is "in charge" flickr or yahoo or vice versa, and who is going to "update" ipernity as soon as I get on there !.
Community Veteran

I don't think you're logging in with your specific flickr login ... ipernity allows you to login using credentials from facebook or google, so it may be that you have been logged in via that route.
ipernity is a french company so far as i can tell, with no apparent connection to yahoo (we hope) - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipernity