Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fleas and Flies

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Fleas and Flies

''Super bed bug'' arrives in UK: Flea immune to pest control could mean a summer of scratching
A plague of fleas will be crawling into bed with us this summer as the tiny pests invade our homes.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/super-bed-bug-arrives-uk-3528609#ixzz34XIKwRph

English town battles fly infestation after swarms descend from recycling site
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/english-town-battles-fly-infestation-3688461#ixzz34XIP8rPx

They'll need one massive can of Raid !!!
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Fleas and Flies

You do read an eclectic range of newspapers  Grin
Infinity
Pro

I don't actually read them......
They appear on my RSS Feeds.
So I get to see them nearly as soon as stories are published, and click on just a few items to check them out.
And many Finance, Business, Apple, Apps, other Tech and Broadcasting RSS feeds too.
And local news feeds.

I use NetNewsWire in Apple OSX, I've tried other RSS Readers, but always come back to NNW.

Fleas & Flies appeared adjacent, so easy to connect them.
Infinity
Pro

A glorious morning, many windows wide open, but with the Fly screens in position.
Used regularly for many years, we hardly ever get any incursions, usually when a door is opened for access, and the fly screen is moved.
One kitchen door is a stable type door, split into a top and bottom half, which is a brilliant idea.
The open top, with fly screen gives a good view, and fresh air, and the closed bottom half keeps out animals !!
Especially with food in the kitchen.
And keeps visiting toddlers in !
Infinity
Pro

Attack of the fleas:
Experts warn warmer weather is causing an 'explosion' of parasites in people's SOFAS
Are you sitting comfortably?
If you have a pet, that might be about to change.
Scientists from the British Pest Control Association are predicting an ‘explosion’ of flea activity in UK homes over the next few weeks, as the temperature and humidity rates are set to reach the ideal climate for fleas to awaken and breed.
They can thrive in our soft furnishings and carpets as larvae and eggs and have the potential to remain dormant as pupae for a long time.
It just takes a few fleas left unchecked to turn into a full blown flea infestation
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2665912/Attack-fleas-Experts-warn-warmer-weather-caus...

Are you itching yet ?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The best way to deal with fleas is to get rid of the cat. Then spray your furnishings and carpets with insecticide before leaving the house for a week to enjoy a  pre-booked holiday in our wonderful holiday home in Derbyshire (  Wink ) When you get back a week later you'll find no more fleas!
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

the best way to deal with the majority of infestations is to not have sodding pets in the house (animals are designed to live outdoors or in sheds)
and besides that pemethrin high dose isn't something anything is immune too, its just that most products don't contain it cos its also harmful to those fleabag pets .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
St3
All Star

hmm ill have to stop scratching my nut sack and visit the docs then  Cheesy
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Fixes: 125

SWMBO has been bitten on her legs and ankles quite badly over the last few days.
We don't have any pets (excluding the bloody mice still teasing us) but she has been working in the garden a fair bit where as I haven't been in the garden for some time.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

That sounds like a very fair division of labour!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Mav
SWMBO has been bitten on her legs and ankles quite badly over the last few days.
We don't have any pets (excluding the bloody mice still teasing us) but she has been working in the garden a fair bit where as I haven't been in the garden for some time.
I am going to stick my neck out here and say that I believe women are far more vulnerable to bites from a variety of flies and other insects than men, I have no references to back this up but say it from experience and what other people of both sexes say.