cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fishy sunset

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Fishy sunset

One of those glorious displays that nature puts on occasionally this evening, a beautiful salmon pink sunset with scattered patches of herringbone clouds....lovely Smiley
Unfortunately I was driving at the time, by the time I'd got to a camera it was all over Sad
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Fishy sunset

I love sunset.  It's a great time of day, especially with a gin and tonic on the beach Cool
WTF
Grafter

Isn't pollution beautiful
Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Think its more to do with the Sun being very low down in the west and being viewed through the thickness of the atmosphere (and moisture) at that angle rather than the thin-ness of over head. However some pollution no doubt does play a part
Orange/pink/red sunsets have been around and written about by those of a poetic or literary leaning for donkeys years, years before man-made pollution if that's what you're alluding to.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Devonian
Grafter

Today was an incredibly clear day.
I was onto of a hill on Exmoor earlier, and I could see the Welsh coast as clear as anything.. all the factories over there pumping out white steam stuff.  Grin