Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First ukip mp

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

First ukip mp

Douglas carswell MP has switched over to ukip thus forcing a byelection
I Wonder if he will be the first ukip MP ?
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: First ukip mp

Apparently he is a good constituency MP and a 12K majority in his seat. Should be interesting.
This is a big blow for Cameron. Rumour has it that there is another one waiting to go.
Carswell has done the honorable thing and resigned so a by-election can be fought. This sets a precedence for any other MP moving parties. It would not look good if an MP moved parties and simply remained an MP. 
Community Veteran

The one thing that worked brilliantly yesterday was Farage's handling of the event. Absolutely nobody in his dysfunctional membership knew anything of what was happening. Farage told the press he had an important announcement but nothing else. The press was as surprised as anybody. Excellent PR and maybe lessons to be learned elsewhere Wink
Roadie
Grafter

It's just a pity that nobody thought to tell the existing Clacton UKIP candidate !!!!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Have no way of proving it but Carswell said something that I have been convinced of for a long time, this is not an actual quote but he accused Cameron and the Tory party of lying over having a referendum for an in out vote and claimed this was only being said to get the Conservatives in power at the next election.
Cameron would claim he had got excellent concessions from the EU for the UK so there was no need for a referendum
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Oh dear gleneagles your going to have artmo demanding a source Wink
Community Veteran

I know the source. Gleneagles gets his info right Smiley
There is a lot of doubt in the Conservative party about Cameron's promise. To counter this it will be in the manifesto. Also should Cameron go back on his promise then it would be an easy job to replace him IMO.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

So do I as I was watching the press conference while waiting to see the nurse at the surgery (shingles jab) and they were running about half an hour late
Community Veteran

I will watch this one with interest, but the tories can delay this by election by many months tho.
I expect the tories will hold the seat with a majority of 5000-9000