cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First month with PN and BB.

suesykes
Grafter

First month with PN and BB.

Well my first month is almost over and overall its been pretty good.
As far as PN goes any help I needed has been almost instant and customer service is brilliant. 
As for the BB itself, it is my first time using it.  I was expecting it to be a little more stable, but I hear from other users that unless you have a cable connection it does still drop occasionaly.
I have had almost 50gb of data and downloads thru the month and have almost hit my 10gb daytime limit. 
BIG shout for PN for a good service!!
3 REPLIES
N/A

Re: First month with PN and BB.

Quote from: littlerick
As for the BB itself, it is my first time using it.  I was expecting it to be a little more stable, but I hear from other users that unless you have a cable connection it does still drop occasionaly.

I have some colleagues with Cable connections, who experience occassional drops too (even on Virgin's XL package)
Equally, I have a PN connection at work, which has sat at a stable 6500kbps for the past couple of years - dropping only when PN have to ditch sessions due to maintenance (and once due to the power outage at Telehouse the other year)
So much for both technologies rely purely on the delivery medium, and in both cases the various joints and connections and components along the lines.
Cable might theoretically be better in some cases, purely down to the age of the network, however in other areas the BTw network will be in a better state than the cable network (in terms of physical cable infrastructure)
Both companies are painfully aware of the need for a high standard of workmanship, and the need for maintenance ongoing - however a huge telecoms network is prohibitively expensive to maintain.

You definately chose the right ISP though. Wink
suesykes
Grafter

I think I chose right too.
Thanks to all PN staff and any other helpers out there.
clockley
Grafter

Due to no phone line in my rented property, I am with Virgin, and at the moment, my service drops between 10pm and 2am, with pings going from quite low to 120 - 300 ms.
When it works, its good.  When it doesn't, it can be a real pain.  If I had hair, I would be pulling it out!