cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Channel 4, and now Channel 5

Fixes: 616

Re: First Channel 4, and now Channel 5

I have an Apple TV and they all work on the without subscription.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Community Veteran
Fixes: 11

All4 had a update on our LG tv this evening.....watched something on it after the upgrade and it works fine.

Watch it a fair bit as everything has subtitles......no need to wear the hearing aids.

Smiley

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Just been on Panasonic's fb site and it seems 'they are aware of the problem' - which is about as much help to me as, well whatever.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@gleneagles 

What a pity to put it mildly that Sky don't seem to do subtitles - unless it's by way of one of those foreign language movies or dramas. Can't really complain though as I'm not actually paying for it, but still. 

The headphones or my hearing aid it is then. 

idonno
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@DaveyH wrote:  The best advice is to never buy a TV for its smart features, and reckon on buying an external stick or box at some point

Too true. Although my main TV is getting on a bit but it has HDMI and USB ports 2 a penny.

@Minivanman I bought the 4k version not that long ago - I see it's been reduced in price now by nearly a tenner- typical! The only thing that really bugs on the Amazon Fire sticks is you can't set an app to be your Home app. It always comes up with Prime first, then you navigate to what app you want. Even the fav list moves around. I watch Netflix a fair amount so you'd expect that to be number 1 in order and yet, sometimes, it 2 or even 3 in the pecking order. Very strange.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 4

@gleneagles wrote:

All4 had a update on our LG tv this evening.....watched something on it after the upgrade and it works fine.

Watch it a fair bit as everything has subtitles......no need to wear the hearing aids.

Smiley

@gleneagles 

Probably sticking my beak in where it's not needed, but presumably you realise that the CH4 broadcast channels also have subtitles (as do all the old 5 'main' channels plus many others)?  Smiley

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

In a reply to me on Panasonic's fb page they tell me the server issue has been resolved. Well maybe, but still missing those two channels despite doing a system update and an apps market search, so as requested I'll now contact them direct with model and serial number. 

Fingers crossed, and at least they replied!

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@Mustrum 

Thanks for that fb tip which I followed up and have just received this reply via the same medium - so good news as we had mulled over buying a TV stick so... Thumbs Up

"Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch!

The services provided through smart TV applications are operated by their respective service providers (e.g. Channel 4 or ITV) and such service can be discontinued either temporarily or permanently without notice. Therefore, Panasonic and other brand manufacturers cannot guarantee the contents or the continuity of the services, as they do not fall under the control of the hardware manufacturer of the units. I'm afraid the only way to view these channels on your TV now would be to use a smart TV device like a Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV Stick or a Roku TV stick. If you were to purchase a smart device, I can reimburse this cost to you up to the value of £40.00 providing you can send me a copy of the proof of purchase for it. I appreciate that this response might be disappointing, and I apologise that Panasonic can’t bring these services back to your TV directly. If you’d like to take me up on the offer of reimbursement, please send a copy of your proof of purchase for the smart device, and include your postal address and telephone number if these are not visible on the receipt/invoice. I will then arrange a convenient time to give you a quick call to confirm your bank details, as all refunds are done via BACS transfer, and we cannot take these details through social media for security reasons. Once processed, the refund will be in your account within 15 working days.

Kind Regards,

Jordan Online Support Team"

It does beg the question though as to why the service was pulled in the first place. Ah well. 

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Highlighted
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

The final chapter.

Amazon stick ordered yesterday. 

Copy of order sent to Panasonic

Stick arrived this morning

Panasonic phoned for bank details to give refund.

Lovely Jubbly. Thumbs Up