cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firreworks!!

jmd
Grafter

Firreworks!!

Waste of money, upset my dog, why do we have to have them last night and again this evening!! Angry
People are supposed to be short of money but spend it on something that goes in smoke!! Angry
righ,t rant over.
13 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Firreworks!!

It gives people round here something to spend their Giros on Roll eyes
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
magnetism2772
Grafter

you might find your dog hiding in the cupboard under your kitchen sink
i  remember i enjoyed fireworks as a kid
and today parents normally keep an eye out, its safer, i dont mind fireworks
keep your pets indoors while its on
they are fine then
Community Veteran

We seem to have had more this year than last - or perhaps I'm getting older Roll eyes
Fortunately last night wasn't as bad as expected because of the rain.
magnetism2772
Grafter

its over  Grin
jmd
Grafter

The rain did not stop the waste of money last night and tonight it has been even noisier......................... yes, all well saying keep dog inside but when she wants to go and spend a penny she gets to door - bang- and she turns and head back in!  Poor girl must be bursting to go and she is being very good not peeing inside - the first year I had her she did!!
Have TV volume up loud hoping to mask the outside noise [so me neighbours will love me!] so she is not so bad inside but I will be glad when the fireworks are completely  OVER!

[dogs ears are very sensitive so the firework noises must really hurt them]
Community Veteran

Man critically injured by stray firework
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8114517/Man-critically-injured-by-stray-firework.html
This poor man is in intensive care.Is it acceptable to be setting off, in a public place,  explosive projectiles that can kill people?
If I went into our town centre and set off an explosive device and injured a member of the public I would be in gaol and charged under the Terrorism Act quicker than you can say Guy Fawkes.
However as it is Bonfire night, it doesn't count.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

In spite of all efforts to keep her in, our cat used all her lithe agility to get out of her blocked cat-flap (by shifting the obstruction) In times of extreme upset (such as the weekly bin-mens' noisy truck for some reason every Thursday) she evidently has a hiding place away from the safety of indoors, never found it, but its not far away as she's back a few minutes after the truck leaves the estate.  
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Oddball
Man critically injured by stray firework

.....and this was at an organised event. Sad
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Natalie Ellis - the Dragons Den reject who then made a Million with her non spill dog bowl has a new project out today, A noise proof Kennel, its triple polycarbonate with air conditioning built in.
It virtually stops the firework noise, and also has a reverse use.  A persistant dog barker kept in it cant be heard by the neighbours,  
It was demonstrated on BBC Essex this morning.
Natallie spelt a period as a reporter on BBC Essex
jmd
Grafter

Having a lot more fireworks round here again this evening -  some really loud ones!  Holly again not happy.   Angry  and I am fed up of hearing them too!  more money going up in smoke!
A soundproof kennel would not help as Holly does not like being shut in!!
Community Veteran

Yes, we've got them again but not as many as last night or Friday.  Maybe we'll get a break now until Christmas Undecided
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well we could make some money for Natallie and shut the idiots and their fireworks in them,  been like WW3 here on a Sunday night
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

People are short of money..... so they wait until the shops reduce the prices of their fireworks, and go and spend money to blow their finances out of this world !  Grin