cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firework Safety

Fixes: 47

Firework Safety

I am just watching a feature about firework safety. They are interviewing kids that have had 'accidents' with fireworks. These kids are now more careful.
Is the message here, all kids should have a firework accident to deter them in future because as far as I'm concerned safety ads don't work.
They didn't for me hence a slight problem with hearing in my right ear. Embarrassed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
6 REPLIES
Thunderclap
Grafter

Re: Firework Safety

I think the message is, stupidity kills.
Sadly, the message only gets through to those who are not stupid in the first place! It's called Darwinian Evolution.
For some real stupidy, 365 days a year, check out the Darwin Awards at http://www.darwinawards.com
N/A

All over now thank goodness. Friends agree that this year the firework season hasn't been half as bad as previous years. Can't agree whether it is better policing/selling of fireworks or the credit crunch. I think that it is the latter.
My little doggies can rest easy again now.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Strat
Is the message here, all kids should have a firework accident to deter them in future

Its an idea I suppose, but I doubt it will work. To widen the anomaly you only have to look at smoking, binge drinking and dangerous driving. The last few generations have been the best informed about the dangers of all of these, but it hasn't stopped them, indeed some figures suggest they're on the increase. Its certainly nothing to do with lack of availability of fireworks, every "corner shop" seems to be selling them again this year, allegedly, to over 18's but again I suspect they will sell them to anybody with money in their hand, the chances of being caught are realistically very low.
The "5th" this year occurring midweek, and the very wet weather over much of the country has I think just spread the "celebrations" over a few days rather than concentrate them on one night. Tonight (Sunday) with the better forecast may well see some more fireworks yet.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

We have a big conference/show centre in Brentwood, they have been organizing a FW display for years, this time 1st Nov it poured down, net result £30 000 loss the organiser said oh what adisaster, no  more - thats after 21 years  Embarrassed Lips are sealed Undecided Cry
Community Veteran

Ford normally run one local to us, but this year they decided not to as `too many people stand out side, watching for free` and the can not guarantee that they will cover there costs. So we all lose out for few free loaders  Sad
Fixes: 47

Never mind it's nearly over for another year Undecided
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation