cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FireFox again...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

FireFox again...

Anybody else noticed that with the current V19 FF has annoyingly lost the ability to restore previous versions.
Right click the FF icon, select "restore previous versions" and wait while it searches, then "there are no previous versions available"
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
5 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: FireFox again...

I just used the task manager to quit FF19 and when I restarted was presented the Restore option page with a list of all previous tabs/windows that were open.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Razer
Grafter

This must be some OS specific thing. I see no such option, and never have.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

That's not a feature that I am aware of either. I use Windows 7 and 8.
I have just discovered that iPlayer doesn't do downloads initiated by Firefox 19. When attempting to do so I am asked to install iPlayer Desktop (IPD) which is already installed. When I click on the button to install I endlessly get the modern equivalent of the hourglass. I uninstalled IPD and tried again. Same result. Then trying IE9  I was prompted to install IPD and Adobe Air. They installed. Testing IPD it worked with IE9 but not FF19.
Checking iPlayer Help I see that there is a similar known issue with Google Chrome. http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/announcements/desktop_chrome
Firefox 19 is not listed as a browser supported by iPlayer. http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/using_bbc_iplayer/browser_os_support
Waldo
Grafter

Quote from: Petlew
Anybody else noticed that with the current V19 FF has annoyingly lost the ability to restore previous versions.

That sounds to me to be something to do with Windows; restore from backup or restore point, perhaps?
If you mean restore a previous session, that can be set from Firefox preferences.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Interesting point to note regarding firefox..
IF you find your .css files are being ignored, background images aren't showing etc, be sure that the webserver is outputting the correct mime type of text/css and nothing else like text/html for the css file.
Working on one website last night that little glitch had me going round in circles for many hours. IE displayed the page perfectly but FF refused to accept that a file with a .css extension could possibly be css data. Eventually I found the problem (.htaccess with a AddType for .css - simple fix was another .htaccess file in the right folder) but it was a mega pain.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!