cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FireFox 8

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

FireFox 8

Anybody else upgraded to FF8 and wondered where the "status bar" and its progress bar has gone? That no longer appears in the "view" menu.
It can be replaced here:  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/status-4-evar/
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
10 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: FireFox 8

I upgraded to FF8 a couple of days ago.
I find that the box that appears in the bottom left corner when clicking a link is ample for my needs.
In fact I don't like to have many addons anyway and when I got a message on installation that several (like DIVX) were not compatible at the moment I decided to remove them completetly.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I am using FF8 and getting used to it, however, I prefer the look of my earlier FF3.6.
Fixes: 104

Well I'm already on Firefox 9. It's madness the release rate..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Quote from: artmo
I prefer the look of my earlier FF3.6.

Nor do I particularly like the combined refresh/stop button in FF8. I sometimes want to stop loading a page, but don't necessarily want to refresh it.
Curiously, if you go to "customise" in "toolbars" in the "view" menu, both the refresh and stop buttons are shown separately, but combine again when you close the menu...how odd is that?
FF3.6 here I come, all is forgiven!!

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

I don't think 3.6 will be updated for much longer Cry
In FF8 I have separate reload and stop buttons.  If you right click the top toolbar and select customise it will allow you to drag the buttons you want to use.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Community Veteran

Ah! much nicer, Thanks Jim.
Depends where you try to put it artmo. Position it to the right of the refresh button and FF8 doesn't like it and "recombines it" but, it will seperate them if located on the left of the refresh,
How strange!!
Anyway, doesn't matter now as have followed Oldjim's link pic and returned to the FF3 view.

Community Veteran

'Petlew, that's strange because on my FF8 I have the stop button to the right of the reload button, but as you say problem solved another way Smiley
mentalist3d
Grafter

Quote from: artmo
I am using FF8 and getting used to it, however, I prefer the look of my earlier FF3.6.

I kept FF3.6 on one computer as most of my security plugins weren't compatible with the upgrade. My other computer which is hardly used went for the upgrades and personally I wasn't impressed. I'm getting used to it now and sedurity plugins have been upgraded to match but I'll stick with FF3.6 for my work horse computer as I feel as I get more options to tweek the browser in that version.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

As someone who always feels the need to try out new things (a serial 'noodler'), I currently use 'Nightly' as my main browser though I'm not one for 'add-ins'.
I do like the clean interface and it feels responsive to me (at least compared to IE9).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.