cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire Hydrant Marker

Fixes: 47

Fire Hydrant Marker

I have a concrete fire hydrant marker post at the edge of my front lawn.
It is completely on my property and the gap between it and the lamp post on the corner of the lawn is just over a car's width.
I don't currently have a drive but if I decided to have one laid the hydrant post is in the way of safe entry and exit.
Googling the issue leads me to believe that a quick email to the local fire station seeking permission to remove it and one to the local water company to relocate it is all that's needed.
Has anyone any experience of this kind of situation.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
4 REPLIES
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Fire Hydrant Marker

Thay won't move the Fire hydrant, but thay will move the sine, I think it is the highways department that you need.
Community Veteran

We once had a similar problem with a telegraph pole obstructing our vision when coming out of the drive. A quick phone call to BT and the pole was resited!
I suggest you call the local authority and ask them to move the lamp post.
Geoff,
York.
Fixes: 47

@MC I wasn't  suggesting removal of the hydrant in the road as that would be expensive.
It would be far easier and cheaper to relocate the hydrant marker.
One possibility I read about is a removal of the concrete marker post stuck in my lawn and replace it with a sign on the lamp post.
On a side note
Buildings near a hydrant may qualify for an insurance discount since fire-fighters should be able to more rapidly extinguish a fire on the insured property.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
WTF
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
On a side note
Buildings near a hydrant may qualify for an insurance discount since fire-fighters should be able to more rapidly extinguish a fire on the insured property.

Makes sense .. strange that I've never seen a box for that on a house insurance form  Undecided