cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Film "The age of Stupid"

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Film "The age of Stupid"

Has anyone seen it yet, reviews say its dissjointed and "preaching to the choir" with too many mixed messages.
http://www.ageofstupid.net/
Am not decided if I want waste time watching
7 REPLIES
mentalist3d
Grafter

Re: Film "The age of Stupid"

It actually sounds interesting, probably something that I would watch, but if it is to preachy or artsy, I'll not like it, now if it is darkly comic, slating our efforts in retrospect, then I'll probably enjoy Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Wasted a couple of hours after work, dark and thought provoking, expected something hard hitting, but its more subliminal in its message although dissjointed.
Franny Armstrong will probably get some award for directing the film.
Question is why did Pete (as archivist) walk away at the end (and not cycle)
mentalist3d
Grafter

Now I want to watch the film, just to know what your on about with Pete walking away at the end lol
A good documentary you might like is "Zeitgiest", its all about how our system is run using religion, politics, money etc, some of it is a real eye opener. You can download the film for free as a torrent from: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/dloads.htm
Its a lengthy film because it has a lot to say but the last section about banks is really interesting, as it talks about the banks creating recessions for profit and control since the 1900s, which reflects what were seeing today (the film was made before the credit crunch as well).
Community Veteran

if you enjoyed 'zeitgeist', you might also enjoy 'money as debt' on the same theme in greater detail with some good cartoons.
mentalist3d
Grafter

Thanks for that, I'll have a look for it. I've found since having the internet at home, I'm watching more documentaries that aren't usually shown on the TV for 1 reason or the other, cheers Smiley
bygiminee

Went to see Age of Stupid when it first came out.
Since then have got involved with the Transition Town initiatives.
Well, if 'the man in the street' doesn't do something about it we're all doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Well our great-grand-children will probably be  Sad  )
I'll look out for the other 2 films.
Thanks
mentalist3d
Grafter

I've never heard of Transition Towns initiatives, before, but have now googled it, (for those that can't be bothered searching: http://www.transitiontowns.org/). It sounds like a good idea, it might be worthwhile getting you local community council on board as well, as that will help give you a voice to your local council, plus they are able to apply for funding that will help you promote your cause further Smiley