Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Film Recommendation: Taken

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Film Recommendation: Taken

Hi Guys,
Just been to see Taken starring Liam Neeson. It's very good and I highly recommend it. My personal opinion is that Liam should be the next Bond - ok, bit old but he is very good at being a genuine bad guy.
Anyway the film is about Liam's character Bryan and his young daughter Kim and her friend who want to go to europe to follow the group U2. She is 17, beautiful and wants to be a pop star. Bryan is a former 'Preventer' and doesn't want her to go as he fears for her security. Both her parents are seperated and frankly he's been a bit of a bad father and is a bit behind the times with how quickly she has grown up. He allows her to go to Paris with her friend after eventually being convinced by her mother.
Within a short while of arriving the pair are abducted by unknown men from Albania. Bryan now has to travel to europe to find his kidnapped daughter and save her from a life destined to be a prostitute hooked on drugs. Facing ruthless gangs, friends who work for the enemy and a race against the clock to save his daughter, Bryan wastes no time in finding clues from nowhere and using some very clever trickery to gain information he needs.
I won't tell you anymore about what happens but it really does inspire genuine emotion and you'll be cheering him on all throughout the film on his quest to find his daughter. It's very emotional, full of action, and frankly one of the best films I've seen this year. The film has some witty moments, outsmarted moments and best of all payback moments where you could almost jump up out of your sea shouting 'YES!'.
I must warn you however that this film does contain some very disturbing scenes based on women trafficking, violence towards women and the sex trade. In places I actually had to question why I was watching such a graphic film and whether I (along with the rest of the audience) was a normal sane person to watch it. I'm glad I did, it was an eye opener and showed some of the real life problems we face across the world today. Once you've got over some of the 'sights' of the film you'll be glad you watched it. It's a very touching film and I'm sure you'll agree with me saying the action which starts off slowly, builds to be better than anything in most James Bond films.
I'll be buying this on DVD when its released. Not many films I can say that about these days.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
2 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: Film Recommendation: Taken

The trailers definitely looked pretty decent.  Was one of the ones I was hoping to go and see if I got a chance.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Film Recommendation: Taken

Hi James
I'd recommend you go if you get the chance - you won't be disappointed. It can be rather graphic and it does make you feel a bit gutted at the thought of some of it being real - especially the auction (you'll see) but overall it is a very good film. Liam Neeson definitely plays the ultimate good guy gone bad to find his daughter. If you do see the film with the exception of some of the graphic stuff, you won't be disappointed.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!