Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill up those tanks!

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Fill up those tanks!

Not to panic Mr Mainwaring, but more trouble in the Gulf of Oman with reports of two 'tanker blasts'

Time to fill up the tank or at least keep it topped up?

Might be worth thinking about guys. Sad

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
18 REPLIES 18
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Re: Fill up those tanks!

Just been out and topped up to half (we don't drive that many miles these days) and if things continue to look dodgy then I'll fill right up after pension day. Thumbs_Up

Champnet
Champion
Fixes: 7

Do all cars have locking petrol caps these days ?

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

I get the intent, but I guess most have locking covers rather than caps - mine does anyway. 

"That's not a petrol siphon tube constable, it's just part of my beer making kit" Roll_eyes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ford Kuga:

Capless.

Capless systems use various mechanisms in the fuel-filler neck that make it nearly impossible to stuff in a garden hose and drain a victim's tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh3snbTNR1k

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 185

and almost impossible to fill up with any fuel pump that has a damaged nozzleRoll_eyes

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Then I guess it's back to the old cordless drill and crawling under the car then. 

I dunno, try and justify that the world owes you a living and look what happens. Angry 

Anyways, I reckon it was the Yanks wot done it as an excuse to go to war. What, they've never done that before? Funny

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-middle-east-48627403/gulf-of-oman-tanker-blasts-iran-tv-shows-bu...

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

And don't forget the bathtub isn't a suitable place to store petrol, especially if you like to have a cigarette while doing your morning toilet.  I seem to remember a couple of exploding bathrooms reported during the petrol shortage in the 70s.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

My younger bro' who was in the fire service used to tell me about a training experiment they had for new recruits where a lighted match would be dropped into a bucket of petrol and yep, it would go out as it was the fumes that were inflammable not the petrol and no, I'd not try it either! Crazy2

PS. Latest news is that according to the Americans it was Iran wot done it. They have been showing a video of one of their boats removing what they say is an unexploded limpet mine from the side of the ships hull. 

Jonpe
Hero

Yes, as with most (all?) things it's the vapour that ignites but petrol gives off vapour at very low temperatures, i.e. it has a low flashpoint.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

A bit like the current situation then Wink

I wonder how long it is before prices at the pumps along with everything else start shooting up. These guys are never slow in increasing the price of their stock that was bought in at a lower price - but am I just being my usual cynical self like that Victor Meldrew character.

"Four pounds for a loaf of bread and half a jar of pickle? I don't believe it!"

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

I read Jezza Corbyn is at it again questioning the government's view on who, how and why those tankers got damaged. I seem to recall he did the same over that Salisbury affair. 

Talk about losing the plot, he'll losing the election next.

"More tea Hassan?"

Anonymous
Not applicable

The thing about Mr C is that he is impaled on the fence of indecision and can’t get off it. He doesn’t want to come down on the wrong side as it would no doubt come back haunt him so he'll continue his balancing act that wouldn't be out of place in a cirque du soleil production.

Luzern
Hero

@Jonpe wrote:

And don't forget the bathtub isn't a suitable place to store petrol, especially if you like to have a cigarette while doing your morning toilet.  I seem to remember a couple of exploding bathrooms reported during the petrol shortage in the 70s.

The exploding bathroom, other more probable reasons were considered first. The previous evening had been a curry night.Funny

Seriously, how can folk endowed with a human brain be so stupid?Roll_eyes

Like @Minivanman I'll get buy, without using the car.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Indeed @Luzern - problem is of course that like Brexit, it will be an excuse for everything including price rises in the shops as those 'transport costs' go up.