Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February weather forecast - I think that this covers the options

Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

February weather forecast - I think that this covers the options

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_weather.html
UK Outlook for Tuesday 7 Feb 2012 to Tuesday 21 Feb 2012:
The forecast for early February remains very uncertain. There appear to be two main scenarios, each equally probable, but which are very different. The first scenario consists of a changeable westerly or southwesterly weather type with rain at times (amounts greatest in the west), and with temperatures noticeably above average for early February, with only occasional frosts. The alternative scenario is that much colder weather with winds mainly from an easterly or northeasterly quarter, will prevail well into February, bringing widespread frosts and snow to some areas. In this scenario it would be the east that was most vulnerable to snowfall.
Updated: 1135 on Mon 23 Jan 2012
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: February weather forecast - I think that this covers the options

Where we are its been very mild this year, unbelievably mild actually. I think its gone below zero just 3-4 times so far and the OH has noticed all sorts of things springing up in the garden.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Erm !... weather it comes from the west or the east, determines the type of weather the weather forecasters will give, then....
ah well, I suppose if it is like that then we shall just have to weather the storm as we usually do.
annerimmington
Grafter

I don`t mind the cold weather..............love wearing about 4 layers of clothing and going for long walks in crisp winter sunshine.  Although where I love (Leeds) we tend to be sheltered by the Pennines and miss the worst of the snow and ice that North Yorkshire normally gets.    It`s damp and windy weather I hate (and the heat and the bugs in summer)............yuk !
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

I don't care, I'm well ready, just don't want my Broadband or Electricity to go down !
I've even bought a small picnic gaz cooking hob, and stock up water in used Pepsi Max bottles, older ones for washing, newer ones for drinking, and crampons for wellies.
Filled cupboards with dry and tinned food, and a couple of spare manual can openers.
Mobile phones charged, and battery powered charger adaptors. Radios ready.
So many LED torches and drawers full of bulk bought batteries you wouldn't believe.
(An interest of mine)
With so much warning (Winter comes every year) I am amazed at the lack or preparation of many people.
I used to live way out in the country, and get snowed in for many days at a time.
Bring it on.
I love the snow, it cleans up everything and makes it all look pretty.
WeatherBug for me this coming week.

Looks like the CH may be staying on (low) overnight this week.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Got up this morning to find thick fog
what is the weather up to - we had frost yesterday morning
nadger
Rising Star

Same here, fogwise, in Leighton Buzzard.
Hoping weather won't be too bad in 3 weeks time as have booked hotel for 3 nights in West Yorks - Premier Inn for £77.
Community Veteran

This warning from the Express:
Bad weather
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The only important weather prediction of course relates to London. It would be terrible if there is an inch of snow in London in February hence isolating the rest of the UK.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Got a friend lives near Henden Bridge, they were cut off by snow yesterday
Fixes: 121

Last night I went to pick up SWMBO from friends about 10 mikes away. As I stepped out I was met with a torrent of hail stones. The roads had turned icy and I had to pull over till it eased off. When I rang to say I'll be a little late she sounded sceptical of my excuse. By the time I got to her there was no sign of any ice or even rain. Thankfully the ice was still clearly visible on the roads in and aroumnd our village.
Lots of talk about arctic weather again but we get nothing like our Eastern European neighbours. The missus has just spoken to her mum in Ukraine where they have issued severe weather warnings as temperature have plunged to -20 during the day and -30 at night. Schools have closed and people have died - it must be serious for them as in the last 8 years I have never known their government to take such action.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: PlusComUK

WeatherBug for me this coming week.

Looks like the CH may be staying on (low) overnight this week.

-10ºC coming !

Fixes: 47

I'm glad it's going to be cold on Thursday as I have a fitter coming to check out a sticking lock on my back door.
It only sticks when it's cold.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

We've had snow here already. Not much mind but I got up today and looked out to see the car covered in the stuff. Weird thing is I'd dreamt in the night that it was snowing too.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Pro

@Sprite, I am really concerned about your dream! Meaning of the dream interpreted below.
Often its important to note the emotions you feel in a dream. If the snow seems to have a fresh and wonderful feel to it it may link to some new situation in your life. Perhaps you are thinking about as new job or something like that. But snow can associate with lots of things such as coldness and Christmas. One main meaning of snow is the link with delays and problems in general. Snow hinders momentum and may symbolise a lack of real momentum in a relationship or within you yourself after an illness.