cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Lane !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Fast Lane !

Isn`t it about time supermarkets put lane markers down in the aisles?  With direction arrows,  and designated them......
Nearest to shelf............ "don`t know what I want,/ why am I in here/ I have nothing better to do "  .....(slow lane)  Undecided
(next lane)..... "I have a list, but it is unreadble/wrong order"  (Lane " 2)  Embarrassed 
(next  Lane)  ..... "I came in to shop.... keep out of my way, I know what I want)...  Angry    (Lane 3 )or (Fast Lane)    Cheesy
(this down the centre of the aisle, with two lanes for two way traffic....
Mini roundabouts painted at ALL intersections..... "give way to right "  as on the road. Smiley
There should also be "lay bys"  for those who just go in to gossip, and block up the aisles. Angry
The assistants can take it in turn to be "traffic cops"    Cool      and issue on the spot fines with an announcement over the public address system to humiliate the offenders.  Cheesy Grin

38 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Fast Lane !

you dont go to my supermarkets, only one can you get three trolleys across, the others all take only two at the most, one chemist the isles just about take two walking, no trolleys Angry Sad Cry
jmd
Grafter

Oh dear Shutter - have you just had a bad day shopping?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Well they turned one of our local petrol stations into a Sainsbury's local, and they certainly need a similar system there.
One queue for 'petrol only' and the other for 'weekly shop, fags and lottery' Smiley
Community Veteran

@ jmdlp..... Not really..... I don`t take a day to do my shopping  Roll eyes
I know exactly what I want before I go into a supermarket.... know where I am going, and just get what I went in for... total time about 10 minutes.... depending on th "fast lane exit/checkout" Cheesy
I just do not understand how these people can go into a "retail minefield" so unprepared.... ! 
They do it every week, or every month....
yet still seem to be totally "out of it" when they should really be  "in"  and "out" in next to no time....
yes, a weeks shopping takes a while, but with planning, it should not take all day to do. Smiley
Fixes: 47

There'd be a lot of fines issued in my Tesco. Many people park across 2 lanes while browsing Angry
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
techguy
Grafter

I agree shutter but could always do what I do when its my turn to do the shopping.
Everything apart from meat gets ordered online and is delivered on my days off, I leave it to my parents to get any meat we want  Smiley
No tangling with people gossiping, screaming children or long queues, perfect.
Have the list stored so takes me all of five minutes.
What the internet was made for.
thejudge
Grafter

The ones who get me are the ones who suddenly remember something else they wanted and go off down the other end of the shop leaving their trolley in the middle of the aisle! (one silly old trout the other week left hers right across an intersection, thus managing to block four directions off at once).
Have you also noticed that (especially if you're in a hurry), there's always someone in front of the very thing you want who is reading the list of ingredients from the can but with the puzzled look of someone who has discovered that the label is printed in Armenian. I have the same trouble at cashpoint machines.
I'm only astonished that trolley rage isn't more prevalent.
Community Veteran

@techguy...... agree...... to a point... but my local Morrisons does not deliver...... !  And it is cheaper for me to get in the car, to go there and back, (1.9 miles)  to buy 2 loaves of sliced bread and 2 X 2 ltrs milk,   rather than go to the co-op at the top of the road.(700yards)
I have worked it out Pierre !!!....
Co-op prices are way above Morrisons, and their bread is terrible, compared to Morrisons brand.... I actually make a profit going by car! !
The biggest problem is the congestion inside Morrisons.... not outside !   Hence the suggestion in the thread !  Cheesy
techguy
Grafter

Ah yes, cash machines, grrrrr
I avoid using cash as much as poss simply because you can cancel a card if you are mugged but you wont get your cash back but occasionally have to visit a 'hole in the wall'
I can understand people being security conscious but they mess about too much, yes money and cards can be fiddly especially if you have a problem with dexterity but I wear a jacket with a big pocket and just stuff the wallet, card and money in there and move away from the machine so someone else can use it, you can sort out your filing later when in a safer place.
Fixes: 47

Quote from: thejudge
The ones who get me are the ones who suddenly remember something else they wanted and go off down the other end of the shop leaving their trolley in the middle of the aisle

....or the ones who suddenly remember something else when it's their turn through the checkout. Then they are off on another aisle browse leaving the rest of us twiddling our thumbs Crazy
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

How about customers who load everything into their carrier bags before searching for their money to pay and then decide to get rid of all the small change they have on them Angry  They then find out they haven't got enough in change so have to produce a note to pay with.
techguy
Grafter

I save my change for cab drivers, I know the fare but make them wait while I count it out as a lot of them aren't the nicest of people so I get my revenge.
Smiley
Community Veteran

Bet you don't tip Smiley
Javert
Grafter

The woman, who had quite a bit of shopping, reach the cashier and put the goods on the conveyor belt individually.  Eventually, everything has been scanned; the cashier tells Madam the grand total.  ‘Madam’ totally ignores her as she packs everything into her three shopping bags.  Of course, before she finishes, she has to rearrange some of the contents into different bags.  At last she has finished, and the cashier repeats the grand total.  Madam looks faintly surprised as it slowly dawns on her that she has to pay for the goods.  She then picks up her large handbag to search for her purse or wallet.  Eventually she produces the wallet and then has to search through the many cards she has to find one she likes. She inserts the card into the device, and then tells the cashier she doesn’t want to use that card, but a different one instead.  Then she’s asked whether she wants cash-back – this causes some confusion, but eventually she decides to have some. The next stage is to find the aforementioned wallet in the copious handbag to enable her to put the card back in the appropriate slot, and the same with the notes.  Finally she places the bags containing her purchases into the trolley.  Then she turns back to check the area where her purchases were as she seems to think she may have left an item behind, but finally she moves away.
The above incident occurred with the lady in front of me in at the checkout till on Friday.  The cashier then scanned my loaf of bread.
Women can multi-task?  Don’t make me laugh.