cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Broadband

valart
Grafter

Fast Broadband

I am having  short holiday in a hotel in Bournemouth and the wifi is really fast as opposed to PN I never had broadband at this speed
5 REPLIES
beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Fast Broadband

I am on hols in a cottage on Derbyshire; I have the opposite problem  Tongue
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

We get 17mbps in our Derbyshire holiday on plain copper ADSL. The guests love it they got through 25 GB in one recent week. Ironically there's FTTC  available in the village, but in the nearby town where I live FTTC is a vague drifting date in 2016.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: valart
I am having  short holiday in a hotel in Bournemouth and the wifi is really fast

Wifi is always fast - typically 54Mbps which is far faster than most broadband connections.
So whats so special about Bournemouth wifi? - Or do you normally use 802.11b which is ancient?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: valart
I am having  short holiday in a hotel in Bournemouth and the wifi is really fast as opposed to PN I never had broadband at this speed

They probably have a rather fast line to the hotel, seeing as everyone and everything including the kitchen sink has to be connected to the internet these days, even when on holiday... Grin
Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: AlaricAdair
We get 17mbps in our Derbyshire holiday on plain copper ADSL. The guests love it they got through 25 GB in one recent week. Ironically there's FTTC  available in the village, but in the nearby town where I live FTTC is a vague drifting date in 2016.

COPPER, Derbyshire this morning...
It's usually always around 19mb/s mark these days

Back in 2011, it was consistently faster, 24mb/s COPPER
(We are only 400 metres from the Exchange)