Fashion models body sizes

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Fashion models body sizes

Hi All
Just seen this:
[quote="Daily Mail"]
'Most runway models meet the BMI criteria for anorexia', claims plus-size magazine in powerful comment on body image in the fashion industry
A magazine dedicated to plus-size fashion and models has sparked controversy with a feature claiming that most runway models meet the Body Mass Index criteria for anorexia.
Accompanied by a bold shoot that sees a nude plus-size model posing alongside a skinny 'straight-size' model, PLUS Model Magazine says it aims to encourage plus-size consumers to pressure retailers to better cater to them, and stop promoting a skinny ideal.
Size 12 (U.S.) model Katya Zharkova, 28, stars in the shoot, which has a powerful statistic accompanying each image.
One, printed alongside a photo of the Russian beauty holding a tape measure across her rear, reads: 'Twenty years ago the average fashion model weighed 8% less than the average woman. Today, she weighs 23% less.'
Another states: 'Ten years ago plus-size models averaged between size 12 and 18. Today the need for size diversity within the plus-size modeling industry continues to be questioned.

Read More Here

From one of the comments
I believe a variety of different shapes and sizes of bodies on ad campaigns for beauty and fashion would actually help a lot of consumers. It's really perverse that women are STILL obsessing about some fictitious body ideal that the media made up and for the next phase of evolution in well being I think women should stop getting influenced by it.

Watt I agree with 100%