cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Farewell Nadger

14years

Farewell Nadger

Hi folks

I've joined the Plusnet forum to pass on some sad news about long time Community participant Nadger (in real life, John Cummings).

I first interacted with Nadger when I worked at PIPEX. He was an early Broadband customer and stuck with us through thick and thin. He was incredibly generous with his time and experience, always ready to help other users and becoming the informal leader of a small band of customers who helped us test new developments before release over many years.

He moved on from PIPEX after the GX Networks takeover and joined Plusnet almost exactly a decade ago, where he continued to be a very regular forum participant and I'm sure many of you will know his handle well.

I met up with John several times after I left PIPEX and we continued to exchange emails from time to time. I know from those meetings and our annual Christmas updates that he hadn't been in perfect health for quite some time but was always in good spirits and never lost his enthusiasm.

Sadly, however, I got a telephone call a few days ago to tell me that a complication with his illness had developed which had led to a stay in hospital. Unfortunately, his condition deteriorated very quickly while in hospital and he died quite suddenly. He leaves behind a wife and (grown up) daughter.

I'll miss John. He was a lovely, friendly man, always entertaining to interact with and very generous with his time both in the service of the testing we did at PIPEX and to help anyone who needed it.

Mark

20 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Farewell Nadger

Thanks for taking the time to post on here and let us know Mark.
Many people wouldn't.

Having lost someone close to me I know how it feels. Cry

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Sorry to hear that sad news.

Thanks for posting those details about him, I always found him to be helpful and friendly on the forum.

Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I'm saddened to hear this, I didn't know him even via the forum but always recognised his avatar and respected his posts and contribution to the forum.

RIP

Steve
Pro

Thank you very much for taking the time to inform us about Nadger. I never knew him personally but any interactions here with him were always pleasant. My sincere condolences to his family and everyone who knew him. Rest In Peace Nadger. Sad

Fixes: 123

Very sad to hear of Nadger's passing.

He contributed a great deal to the forums over the years and he will be sorely missed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

Echoing Mav's sentiments.

Very sorry to hear such sad news, my thoughts are with his family Sad

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Rest in Peace, My Freind.

Cry

Browni
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 35

i4fknt

I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

Sad news indeed Cry
Thoughts are with his nearest and dearest.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Sad Loss Cry

He will be missed

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Sad news indeed. @nadger was an active member of PUG for many years and though his contributions understandably declined in recent times he will nevertheless be missed.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Sadden to hear this news; Nadger and I exchanged many a friendly PM. 14 years, perhaps if you have opportunity to do so would you pass on the collective condolences of the Plus forums to his family.

Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
14years

I certainly will. His wife and daughter tell me that they don't have the passwords to his online accounts and so won't be able to receive PMs etc but I will make sure that they are aware of the contents of this thread.

Mark

Community Veteran

I excnanged a number of PMs with John over the years. Always an interesting person to talk to. He will be sadly missed

My condolances to his family.