Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Farage, UKIP, Tommy Robinson

Luzern
All Star
Fixes: 3

Farage, UKIP, Tommy Robinson

Farrage has spoken against UKIP's leader's appointment of Tommy Robinson, the one time leader of the English Defence League as an adviser. That is welcome, but am I convinced that our Nigel was unaware  a party like UKIP could move  toward fascio- nationalism? Either he is more naive, than I could have thought, or, perish the thoughtShockedUndecided, he is exercising his dissembling muscles.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
11 REPLIES
jab1
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

Re: Farage, UKIP, Tommy Robinson

So a fringe party is going to appoint a convicted bigot as an adviser? Looks like suicide to me.

John
Jonpe
Champion
Fixes: 7

Does UKIP have a reason to exist if we leave the EU?

jab1
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

NO! As is obvious - they are/were a one-trick pony.

cat.jpeg

John
Luzern
All Star

I cannot disagree with all your thoughts, but organisations are capable of morphing in to something different. Do you think UKIP is incapable? That's why I posted as I did. I'd like to believe utterly in Farage's shock, but the likes of that  Brexit poster do not help me, nor does it that his wife (now estranged) is German. In all my thoughts are directed on his character atleast as much as UKIP's.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Jonpe
Champion

I'm not sure what having a German wife would imply one way or another; Gisela Stuart is German by birth and a former Labour MP, yet strongly for Brexit.

Luzern
All Star

@Jonpe Thanks for your comment. I have a vague memory that some did try to disprove xenophobia out of his marriage, as if personal relationships and those beyond may never diverge.

wotsup
Grafter

Farage has openly said that one of the best things that UKIP achieved was to destroy the BNP.  Farage is not a facist or a xenophobe or a racist he is a nationalist - but some people deliberately merge those for their own ends.  Farage knows more about the inner workings and aims of the EU than most people,  he has worked inside the machine for a long time,  but some people still think the EU is a cuddly teddy bear with only the best interests of the countries it 'controls' at heart - yeah, and my name is Jane Fonda

wotsup
Grafter

@Luzern wrote:

I cannot disagree with all your thoughts, but organisations are capable of morphing in to something different. 

That is true,  a simple, straightforward trading bloc ( the EEC ) has morphed into a micro-managing political project with ambitions to be a borderless federal superstate devoid of any national pride or borders - right on....... I'll stick with UKIP.

Luzern
All Star

@wotsup So it's not Jane Russell then?Tongue

Jonpe
Champion

Did you mean to address that to @wotsup ?

Luzern
All Star

@Jonpe Post now corrected. Sorry!