Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Falling Through the Net

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Falling Through the Net

Seems it's all very well when things go right with our internet and phone, but when things go wrong for the not so technically competent elderly - then it's a different kettle of fish.

I have been chatting to the help line this morning about why my new FTTP hub is not working and have been given quite a list of things I must now do in order to set up what should have been left up and running by the BT engineer who called yesterday. Fortunately this seventy year old codger is not totally incapable and I was able to reconnect my old modem (the BT guy left me with no internet) and I will now try to see if I can get things working on the new system.

What the situation would be for somebody even less competent I shudder to think but anyways, wish me luck Thumbs Up

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Re: Falling Through the Net

Try this method...

hammer.png

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Is that for the hardware, or the BT engineer, if you can find him/her? Just asking!KnuppelEvil

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

Sorry to hear that.

Let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

@MatthewWheeler

Well it's now 'working' via the new BT hub but as said on the FTTP topic, I now have a sneaky feeling I'm back on the telephone line as your plusnet tech guy on the phone said to plug it into the phone socket.

Pretty fed up with it all now and can only suggest that a ticket is raised for a BT engineer to call and get it sorted after all, they are the guys that are supposed to know what's what and it should not leave folks like me running around like a headless chicken for over half day because that's what I've been doing - and not even for the minimum wage!

Line test by the way from www.meter.net tells me I'm still getting 5mbps so.....

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

It sounds like there may be a issue.

If you check here we'll update you when we know more.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team