Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fallible Fallon falls

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Fallible Fallon falls

We all probably know that Michael Fallon has resigned of sexual indiscretions, even though the victim of some decades past has said that to resign is ridiculous.

I accept that current standing on such things has hardened over those decades, but still cannot but think that such an event's causing a ministerial resignation is stupidly ridiculous. In the now world situation, we need to focus on much more concerning matters than focus on persons' personal behaviour. Some unamicable to us must be enjoying their schadenfreude.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
13 REPLIES
DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Fallible Fallon falls

I personally find it hard to believe he's quitting just over touching a knee.
There will be more dirt to come.

But any day a MP (particularly a Tory) quits/is sacked is a good day as far as I'm concerned.

I would be better if they were charged and convicted for their behaviour though, because a worrying pattern is starting to emerge, in that if you're rich and powerful you get to apologize and blame your behaviour on the past/change in what's acceptable to society.

Hell in a America they rewarded a billionaire with a Presidency for being an (alleged) rapist...
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

I think there is more darker secrets not just a knee touch , i think he is getting out before it comes to light .

And i have a feeling there will be a few more who will disappear discretely .

remember Cynthia Payne and her MP,s luncheon vouchers

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
St3
All Star

Brexit will be on the back burner for alittle while longer now Tongue

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
Luzern
Pro

@DaveyH @rongtw May I ask how much your political stances influence your thoughts of more to come?

My belief is that a decision about a person's holding a political office has to depend on extremely more serious matters than where hands are placed, or how sexual organs are used.  A too pi nation  IMHO puts itself at greater peril than one that deals with such things less judgmentally.

The pain of those affected has to be acknowledged, but rather than kill a career, or incarcerate a delinquent, I'd rather something like compensation (generous) be considered.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Luzern
Pro

St3 wrote:

Brexit will be on the back burner for alittle while longer now Tongue

@St3 Not so funny as you think, friend! We shouldn't be distracted from such important matters as the negotiations which are much more serious for out nation's future.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Luzern , I don't have any particular political affiliations , but being part of a old school network, I know that people in power abuse their positions .
And their are a few in that house with some odd tendencies, also in the other house
Luzern
Pro

@rongtw As there are anywhere and everywhere.

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro

Luzern wrote:

The pain of those affected has to be acknowledged, but rather than kill a career, or incarcerate a delinquent, I'd rather something like compensation (generous) be considered.

So if you have money, you can keep your job and pay your way out of a custodial sentence?

Luzern
Pro

Not necessarily, but if the lesser damage to national well being is achieved then maybe "yes". TBH I'm not sure that £££ in front of some alleged victims' eye might not give as much satisfaction as putting someone in prison.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

the Ripples in the pond are spreading Sad

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/heres-everything-know-far-westminster-11449323

Luzern
Pro

The situation is worrying because of the damage stupidly being done to our democracy by what are becoming witch hunts treating peccadilloes with criminal behaviour. Go on like we are and who will serve in any public office for fear that some innocuous gesture results in ruin of one's career and reputation? One MP has queried if the comforting hand on a distressed constituent's shoulder is to be taboo too!

Sourced from or via the Daily Telegraph , serious and amusing

Alison Pearson

Matt cartoon 1

Matt cartoon 2

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

I think the definition of sexual harassment/assault needs addressing.
How can touching a knee be classed as such ?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Perhaps the use of a knee in some situations would have been the solution ?