Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake bomb detectors 'incredibly dangerous'

TORPC
Grafter

Fake bomb detectors 'incredibly dangerous'

[quote= www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29446939]1 hour ago
Det Con Joanne Law shows the BBC's Caroline Hawley how fake bomb detectors produced by Joan and Sam Tree were meant to work.
The couple made the Alpha 6 device in their garden shed in Dunstable, in Bedfordshire.
The City of London Police's Overseas Anti-Corruption Unit, which led the investigation, says the Alpha 6 was sold to police and security services around the world.
It is shocking that the police forces around the world has been using these for a number of years according to the footage
6 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Fake bomb detectors 'incredibly dangerous'

the abstract stupidity of law enforcement agencies around the globe failing to perform due diligence and confirm they actually work before making purchases and confirming how they are made is beyond the realms of disbelief and boarding on blind fantasy, this isn't the first time a scandal like this has been announced  http://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=bomb%20detector%20fraud and probably wont be the last time, what's more disturbing is that the government of this country must have known they were fake when it was promoting sales of the devices ......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
nadger
Rising Star

Living near Dunstable I've followed this story for a while.
Seems that our security is in the hands of people who don't even check that a device works.
TORPC
Grafter

The Police warn us of those that have conned them for years, yet they can not spot the signs themselves,
&
We are taught from an early age to trust a copper
Well
I am speechless Tongue
myredhotcar
Grafter

I saw a picture of them on the BBC website.
They looked legit to me.
Community Veteran

Probably just bad press, after all no one can explain how water divining dowsing rods work.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nanotm
Pro

black arts.....if you sacrifice a virgin and say the right words and rub the blood over the stick before starting to look they don't detect water ......
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you