cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fact or fiction ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Fact or fiction ?

I recall reading something years ago about a Farmer that had cows in one field and a bull in the next field, on returning to the field the next day the bull was in the field with the cows, this happened several times so the farmer assumed someone was playing a joke on him so kept out of sight to catch the culprit.
What he saw was the Bull going over to the cattle grid, then lay on it's side on the grid and then roll over thus getting across and into the field with the cows.
I have no idea if this is fact or fiction as I can find no reference to it on the internet but there are plenty of posts about sheep doing similar things.
So what do you think is it likely or is it a load of Bull ?
5 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Fact or fiction ?

its unlikely but not impossible, far more likely though the bull would of jumped over the hedge or tried to run though it, as a nipper I had to deal with that sort of problem several times, often the bull would get seriously injured in its efforts to get funky with the cows .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Fixes: 125

Or this!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I've seen cattle jump a cattle grid and "Dexters" clear a 6ft fence.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Don't say that as there is a herd of Dexters in the field at the end of my garden
Fortunately there are two 4ft high fences - the farmers stock wire then mine timber about 4ft apart
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Oldjim fences mean nothing to cows if they really want through or if spooked.  Herd of yearlings on a neighbouring farm invaded the farm I used to do pest control on.  About 2 hours later they had destroyed 2 stonewalls, 4 recently built rabbit fences and scattered the free range pigs which they played tag with.
15 or so of them is a lot of weight on the move
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017