Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook will close in March Next Year

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Facebook will close in March Next Year

FACEBOOK WILL END ON MARCH 15th, 2012!

http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/27321/facebook-will-end-on-march-15th/
And if you believe that....... then this......
http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/31351/prince-william-cold-feet/
must also be true......
(well worth a read anyway.... esp the bit about him going to the states and to a strip club this weekend !...)

and other "weird" news stories to keep you amused/guessing  Cheesy
9 REPLIES
onlyme
Grafter

Re: Facebook will close in March Next Year

I wish that Facebook closure statement were true. A fair percentage of Facebook users are underage and/or illiterate. I've posted a link on my Facebook wall just to get a reaction.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

As everyone knows the world is going to end in 2012 (the Mayans couldn't be wrong!) you'd have thought Facebook would have soldiered on for a few more months.
geoffp0
Grafter

I must be a real out of touch miserable old git because what I have seen of Facebook is that it is a total waste of time, I know people who stay on Facebook half the night more than likely talking to someone they don't know, or trying to chat up someone of the opposite sex, to them I say "get a life". Angry
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

I'm totally disinterested, but this guy* will be pleased.   Grin
* mild profanity
Not young enough to know everything
Community Veteran

Quote from: onlyme
I wish that Facebook closure statement were true. A fair percentage of Facebook users are underage and/or illiterate. I've posted a link on my Facebook wall just to get a reaction.

And you have figures to back up your claim Undecided Undecided
Community Veteran

Quote from: geoffp0
Facebook is that it is a total waste of time,

Would the Arab spring demonstrations have happened without the ability to coordinate utilizing Facebook?

Cannot help but think that some of these events are being masterminded utilizing Facebook/Twitter to manipulate the masses.  Undecided
Community Veteran

Quote from: journeys
Would the Arab spring demonstrations have happened without the ability to coordinate utilizing Facebook?
You just need to be the right Arabs demonstrating against the right government, because otherwise Facebook will shut you down.
Community Veteran

not as good as 'the onion.'  their spoofs are convincing.
Community Veteran

........from Sunday's G'ad
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/mar/27/dutch-bankers-bonuses-axed-by-people-power/print
ING customers mobilised on Twitter and other social networks to protest at bonuses paid to bosses at the bank, one of the biggest in the country. The threat of direct action raised the spectre of a partial run on ING, terrifying the Dutch establishment. Fred Polhout, union organiser at the bank, says: "People were outraged. We heard about the bloated sums being paid again in the City and in New York; but suddenly the issue exploded on our own front door."
and
Politicians have voted to implement a 100% retrospective tax on all bonuses paid to executives at institutions that received state aid as a result of the financial crisis. In other words, no banker should get a bonus until the debt is cleared, and they should return payments made since 2008.
Good move or not?