Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook, What's that all about?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Facebook, What's that all about?

from strats linky
Experts say being able to do the same with massive particles like atoms could lead to new superfast computers.

I wonder how"BIG" a human being is?  Huh  if particles like atoms are described as "massive" by "experts"  Roll eyes Huh  Huh  Huh
And still no  afro man......
pcoventry
Grafter

I joined it when I had my employment confirmed so i could join the Plusnet group and be able to recognise most of the people I now work with. Apart from that i hardly go on it.
N/A

I stopped using it so much because of all the random application invitations; Who really wants to be a vampire/werewolf/whatever? Does anybody really want to have 5 different poker applications? What about all the applications?
Actually, I think this song just about sums it up

Unlike the rest of the dross on YouTube, this is pretty good Wink
clockley
Grafter

I use it to keep in touch with people I normally wouldn't.  I'm pretty bad when it comes to sending those promised texts....
I also use it to promote my gigs with my band (www.nilsatismusic.co.uk)  Grin and also to keep in touch with the mrs when she is at work and I'm not, as her company are cool with her using it at work....
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I dont need to use Facebook I get lots of offer of people wanting to contact me, trouble is PN keeps marking them as spam Embarrassed Kiss Roll eyes
brad
Grafter

I don't use Facebook as much as I used to (I started in Nov 2006). Use it sparingly now, only useful thing is seeing what people are up to however this has been surpassed by the gazillion applications out there that have ruined the site for me. It has turned into another MySpace clone, when it should have stayed true to its roots. Nice and simple, with picture sharing and people sharing what they are up to. That was a good idea, but unfortunately I do not have the time and effort to wade through all this nonsense and so do not spend time finding out what my long lost friends are up to.
Hopefully they will either kill off the applications or another social networking site will come along and will stay true to what Facebook started as.
At least it reminds me when it is my friends' birthdays  Smiley