Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Face recognition

VileReynard
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 18

Re: Face recognition

@wotsup wrote:

Exactly - but you are oviously xenophobic, a racist and a little Englander leave voting, right wing facist Islamophobe to boot for saying that - but I agree with you so what does that make me ?

A Troll.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

I guess a lot of muslim men and women will take to wearing a burka now then - the police will be powerless to make them show their faces in public Ha Ha...........

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Indeed @wotsupmaybe it's time for all males to self identify as female and for both to become ultra conservative followers of Islam.

My only problem would be do I wear a burka with or without heels

Madness of course, especially with my legs. 😂

VileReynard
Seasoned Champion

Perhaps, just wearing those sunglasses which darken outdoors, but turn clear indoors would be sufficient to foul up the recognition algorithms sufficiently?

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Used to have a pair of those years ago but they took quite a while to turn from light to dark and back again, but maybe like me they have improved with age!

Good idea if they have. 😃

Community Veteran

I used to have a nice pair of mirror sunglasses.

Don't see many of those around now so much probably because it tends to make people look a bit creepy. A sort of upper class hoody.

PowerLee
Rising Star

I remember a few years ago seeing a video where a person went out in public with a home made device that blocked out digital CCTV cameras.

It was a baseball cap with infra red transmitter diodes under the peak powered by batteries, to the person viewing the cctv the area around the cap just appears as a bright white light blocking out the persons face.

IIRC it didnt take long for police to track the person down, catch up & ask what he was up to.
Community Veteran

If they were trying to be anonymous it sort of defeats that. When you are the only "glowing" one the camera operators have no real need to see your face.

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

@billnotben wrote:

When you are the only "glowing" one the camera operators have no real need to see your face.

Just wear a burka - you will blend in with the locals in most places in UK, and are extremely, extremely unlikely ever to get stopped even if you have a pair of size 12 trainers sticking out - and if you do get stopped just pull your racist / religious persection card out of your pocket and every copper within a mile radius will suddenly lose interest in you, they will all suddenly discover they have something very urgent to attend to somewhere else.

VileReynard
Seasoned Champion

Presumably you speak from personal experience?

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@PowerLee wrote:
I remember a few years ago seeing a video where a person went out in public with a home made device that blocked out digital CCTV cameras.

It was a baseball cap with infra red transmitter diodes under the peak powered by batteries, to the person viewing the cctv the area around the cap just appears as a bright white light blocking out the persons face.

@PowerLee 

D'you think that would work with vehicle number plates and speed cameras?

Just wondering ... Cheesy

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

@RobPN wrote:

@PowerLee wrote:

@PowerLee 

D'you think that would work with vehicle number plates and speed cameras?

More chance of working with average speed cameras, but only in the dark when they switch to infrared 

VileReynard
Seasoned Champion

A bit like the Italian Job interfering with traffic light sequencing?