cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fabio Blames New World Cup Ball for green's howler

ctech500
Grafter

Fabio Blames New World Cup Ball for green's howler

The blame culture continues if England loose blame it on the ball ..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1286255/WORLD-CUP-2010-England-blames-Adidas-Jabulani-ball-R...
10 REPLIES
Fixes: 104

Re: Fabio Blames New World Cup Ball for green's howler

I do have some sympathy with that point of view as it pings around like a 99p flyaway - but he did make a mistake and Green held his hands up and said as much.
Liked the way he faced the press.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

The ball's manufacturer, Adidas, has received a few complaints about the ball. You'd have thought FIFA would have checked the ball prior to allowing it to be used. Wonder how much Adidas paid to have their ball used Undecided
matt_2k34
Grafter

Blunder - yes.
Ball an issue - always is.
IF FIFA want to give 'special' game balls that are different to the ones being used by the teams, they should either:
a) get given the game ball 6+ months in advance, so they can train with it properly.
b) have to behave in exactly the same way as the league balls (basically, giving a different print to a regular ball
Roll eyes nutters...
Fixes: 104

The Germans have been playing with it in the Bundesliga since Christmas.
Will Moderate For Thanks
matt_2k34
Grafter

didnt really help them today tho did it Smiley
ctech500
Grafter

Quote from: Matt_2k34
IF FIFA want to give 'special' game balls that are different to the ones being used by the teams, they should either:
a) get given the game ball 6+ months in advance, so they can train with it properly.
b) have to behave in exactly the same way as the league balls (basically, giving a different print to a regular ball

England's stars missed out on the chance to practise with the controversial Jabulani ball ahead of the World Cup  because a consignment of 25 sent to the FA went missing!!
http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/140/world-cup-2010/2010/06/18/1982696/fa-lost-englands-consignment...
matt_2k34
Grafter

according to a report from The Daily Mirror

not a very accurate resource tho Sad
Community Veteran

The Japanese goalkeeper also got caught out today. Now I have seen three goal/ goalkeeping incidents.
Personally I don't think Green made a mistake. For me he did everything right, positioned himself to give maximum cover as the ball approached. He had his body behind the ball which is technically correct although clearly the flight of the ball deceived him.
As a former goalkeeper myself I have experienced similar incidents.
This man made one mistake resulting in goal which arguably affected the result. When the Americans scored they had already got the ball past all the other ten England players on the field.
The strikers made lots of mistakes and failed to score enough goals but they do not get pilloried by the media and dropped from the team.
The manager should have supported Green and kept him in the team. However he clearly is a complete [Censored].
ctech500
Grafter

Quote from: Oddball
The manager should have supported Green and kept him in the team. However he clearly is a complete [Censored].

I think the Manager might of done Green a favor by leaving him out when they played Algeria, If he had played Green and England lost the game could you imagine what the outcome would have been. He just played James Who is England's most experienced goalkeeper, which on reflection wasn't a bad move.
Community Veteran

Good point, let's see what happens on Wednesday.