cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC question

Fixes: 125

FTTC question

I've placed this here as it's not really a support question but if a mod thinks it could be serviced better elsewhere then please move.
We're looking at various properties to rent and always do an internet availability check to get an idea of speed in the area. Obviously we only have a Postcode at this time. Occasionally Kitz indicates that FTTC may be available in the area but a Postcode check using the BT Broadband Availability Checker never seems to show this so I assume you need a number for a definitive answer.
Using StreetView you can sometimes get a number of a shop close by and check on that. Is there any other way to see if FTTC is available for a Postcode without having a number to hand?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
CX
Grafter

Re: FTTC question

You should be able to use the address checker, given the house number and post code.
Fixes: 125

You know, I have no idea how I missed that option. Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees Embarrassed
Thanks Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

BT Fibre Checker: Are you in a superfast area?
Not currently in rollout plans in my area, it would have been nice to have the option to switch to PlusNet for my broadband.  Sad