cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F1 for London

Community Veteran

F1 for London

Strong rumours that F1 could come to the streets of London.  It is reported that Bernie Ecclestone has offered £35m towards the cost of staging the event.
F1 for London
No doubt the usual moaning minnies will not like the idea but it could be very good for London.
33 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: F1 for London

Me for starters - just another scheme for making money for Ecclestone and tough on the poor residents who have to suffer in the cause of a totally boring event
Community Veteran

I'm not an F1 fan but have seen the financial benefits races have brought to some cities.  I'm sure th route will take into consideration the impact of residents etc.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Agree 100% Jim......
The residents will not be "consulted"... they will have their freedom of movement controlled and curtailed  to such an extent, that they will become prisoners in their own homes.... not only that, but they will also be subjected to at best 2hours of high whining racing engines, not including "practice"  time.... disruption to bus and other transport services, including clogged roads around the event,....
( there may even be a case for them to go to court and sue the organizers for failing to ensure their "neighbours"  [albeit temporary ] can have the "peaceful enjoyment" of their own homes...... )
moaning minnie..... who ? me ?   I won`t be the only one.... and I don`t even live near London.....
Community Veteran

It would be mostly based around the Olympic Village location, the New Jersey track looks great too with the views of New York.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Community Veteran

I suggest you look at the map of the track in the link in the opening post - nowhere near the Olympic Village
Fixes: 47

[me=Strat]pops Need for Speed Shift into his PS3 and goes for a drive around central London.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
kdoug007
Grafter

i  really  cant  see  this  happening.
  i mean f1  cars  near  trafalgar  square,,,
  thats  cruel  to  the  pidgeons,
ID
Grafter

He's got the HMRC on his case at the minute. Check out out http://joesaward.wordpress.com/
I don't always agree with Joe but he seems on the money here.
Community Veteran

It was made clear in radio interviews today that the route is only a suggested one and not a final plan.  it has already been pointed out  that Admiralty Arch could not form part of the route because of safety restraints.
Community Veteran

itsme
Grafter

Quote from: shutter

The residents will not be "consulted"... they will have their freedom of movement controlled and curtailed  to such an extent, that they will become prisoners in their own homes.... not only that, but they will also be subjected to at best 2hours of high whining racing engines, not including "practice"  time.... disruption to bus and other transport services, including clogged roads around the event,....
( there may even be a case for them to go to court and sue the organizers for failing to ensure their "neighbours"  [albeit temporary ] can have the "peaceful enjoyment" of their own homes...... )

I would suggest that the people that live within the proposed course are not there for the peace and quiet of London but for the vibrant life the city has to offer. Freedom of movement will be limited with cars but as a pedestrian if they have  similar set-up as Singapore I can't see it being a problem
Community Veteran

I have to agree.  If you look at the proposed route it is not actually a heavily populated area.  Maybe the Queen will have something to say about it Wink Wink
Community Veteran

I think that route diagram has some artistic licence, the sensible or possible route is in the Olympic Village area.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Javert
Grafter

I thought there are race tracks for these boring events.