cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F1 - Susie Wolff

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

F1 - Susie Wolff

Just caught a news interview, by BBC at Silverstone, with Susie Wolff.... 1st female F1 Driver.... unfortunately for her, the car she was practicing in, showed an oil pressure warning light, then seized up.... However, during the interview, she came across as a very "savvy" driver, and held the conversation well... did not seem fazed by it, nor about the problem with the car, although she admitted that she was very disappointed, she is now looking forward to driving at Hockenheim....
Good Luck to her... and lets hope we get more like her into F1 racing cars..... I shall start watching it again then ! ! ! ! !....
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/williams/10658250/Susie-Wolff-will-become-fir...
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: F1 - Susie Wolff

very quick engine failure, whilst merc have not been that reliable this year, cant help thinking they gave her the most worn engine they had.
update - turns out that engine was having trouble in its previous race so the failure was inevitable.
nadger
Rising Star

Certainly the best looking F1 driver I've seen  Wink
Mr Wolff http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toto_Wolff
hitachi
Grafter

!st female Fi driver,if you ignore Maria Teresa de Filippis,Lelle Lombardi,Davina Galica,Desire Wilson,Giovani amati who all either raced or attempted to qualify not just took part in a test session.
Fixes: 121

Quote from: nadger
Certainly the best looking F1 driver I've seen  Wink

She certainly revs my engine Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

PowerLee
Rising Star

Quote from: chrcoluk
very quick engine failure, whilst merc have not been that reliable this year, cant help thinking they gave her the most worn engine they had.

Each car is only allowed a total of 5 engine's & 5 hybrid unit's for the complete F1 season of 19 races, there also limited on gearboxes as well.
The engine's are meant to be designed to last at least 2.5k miles.