cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing customer wants phone line replaced

Lballinger

Existing customer wants phone line replaced

Hiya, we have just moved house and our phone line coming into the house is very old - the box the line goes into (dont know what it's called) isn;t actually attached to anything and the line comes in through the window frame! So I would like the box moved so the line can come through the wall and have the box fixed to the wall. I'm a plusnet customer, is this a service plusnet will provide to existing customers or do I have to wait until my contract is up and get a new provider who wil do it for me?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
All Star
Fixes: 25

Re: Existing customer wants phone line replaced

Lballinger

Thank you, this is perfect!

Lauren

twocvbloke
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I've moved & upgraded Master sockets myself in the past, it's just two wires to the back of the socket, and using an appropriate BT/OR branded terminal block where the old socket or old GPO BT52a terminal block was & Openreach will be nonethewiser... 😁

(N.B. just don't touch the bare A & B wires though, nominal 48v DC on the line, plus up to about 90-100v AC when someone rings at an inopportune moment!!! Ouch is all I can say to that!!!)

(Also, I collect old pre-BT telephones, so telephone wiring is quite familiar to me, both pre and post BT, and have converted & de-converted GPO telephones to suit my collection's wiring and as to whether they got used on an actual telephone line or not!! So reasonably experienced with messing with "the wrong side" of a Master socket!)