cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excercise

Community Veteran

Excercise

Walking can add minutes to your life. This enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5000 per month.
      My grandpa started walking five miles a day when he was 60.... Now he's 97 years old and we don't know where he is.

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

The only reason I would take up walking is so that I could hear heavy breathing again .

I have to walk early in the morning,  before my brain figures out what I'm doing..

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',  I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

I do have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.

If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.

We all get heavier as we get older, because there's a lot more information in our heads.
      That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

AND
      Every time I start thinking too much about how I look, I just find a Happy Hour and by the time I leave, I look just fine.

You could run this over to your friends  But just e-mail it to them!

28 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Excercise

I thought exercising was something you did to get rid of evil spirits. Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
pierre_pierre
Grafter

whisky, rhum, vodka Grin Grin
pierre_pierre
Grafter

another way of getting rid of evil spirits
BEST FRUIT CAKE EVER
Ingredients : 1 Cup of butter 1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Sugar Lemon Juice
4 Large eggs 1 Cup brown sugar
1 Cup dried fruit Nuts
1 Teaspoon Baking powder 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 or 2 Bottles of whisky
Method  : Before you start sample whisky to check quality.  Good, isn’t it?  Now go ahead.  Select a large mixing bowl, meausuring cup, etc., check whisky again as it must be just right.  To be sure the whisky is of the very best quality, pour one level cup into a glass and drink it as fast as you can.  Repeat.
With an electric mixer, beat one cup of butter into a large fluffy bowl, add one teaspoon of thugar and beat again.  Meanwhile make sure the whisky is of the finest quality.  Try another cup.  Open second bottle if necessary.  Add two arge leggs, two cups of fried fruit and beat till high.  If druit gets stuck in the beaters, just pry loose with a drewscriver.  Sample whisky again, checking the tonscisticity.
Next sift 3 cups of salt or anything, it doesn’t really matter.  Sample whisky.  Sift 1/2 pint of lemon juice.  Fold in chopped butter and strained nuts.  Add 1 babblespoon of brown thugar, or whatever coulour  you can find and wix mell.
Grease oven and turn cake pan to 350 gredees.
Now pour the shole mess into the coven and ake.  Check whisky again and go to bed!
Community Veteran

you must have a strong head; you got the cake made! 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

wat, erm, that mess on floor of oven looks orrible Undecided Undecided
Community Veteran

oops.
Community Veteran

Nice afternoon today for a walk.  Been to Greensted Church.  It's the oldest wooden church in England, and some say, the world.
You can see some more pics here: http://www.pbase.com/patshawyer/greensted and here  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greensted_Church
jmd
Grafter

Get a dog - get exercise!  They need walkies! Smiley
Fixes: 47

Had one. Chased it in the park and fell over it nearly breaking my arm so will pass on that one.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Enough to make you give up exercise for good Strat.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: jmdlp
Get a dog - get exercise!  They need walkies! Smiley

Sorry Josie, dogs do not NEED walkies...... their owners do..... and the poor dog has to tag along, as a reason for the owner walking the streets.....
remember when you first got  Holly?  did she pester you to go walkies?  did she run around in front of you, saying (in doggy language) come on I NEED walkies.... ... Smiley
oh dear what short memories you have, when you had to drag her around on the lead, until she got the message.... Undecided
It is my contention, that dogs do not NEED exercise.... if they did, they are quite capable of running around in circles in the garden on their own, without having been "trained" to go walkies by their owners. Cheesy
Having  said all that. .... I had a cholesterol test 2 months ago, and it was high, so I was advised to go for a 20 minute walk every morning....... with the dog ! ! !..  the latest test has proved it`s worth, and my cholesterol level is below normal now, so I suppose it has done me some good..... the dog?  she lags behind still,  she slows me down....but I wouldn`t walk the streets around here on my own ! ! ! Shocked
Community Veteran

How's the dog's cholesterol? Wink
Where I walk there are dozens of dogs being walked by their owners. In the main they are very well behaved, certainly better than some of the children on bikes and scooters.
Also nice to see dog owners clear up after their dogs.
N/A

Shutter makes a good point. A friend of mine who has labradors determined (many years ago) that she was not going to be told when to go out for a walk by the dogs. This decision was bolstered by the fact that she is not too fond of exercise anyway.
So for many years the labbies have gone out once a week or so, when said owner feels like it and there is no pestering at all. They just go down the garden and have a run around there, along with their toilet.
Conversely, my lot hover around morning and afternoon and won't settle until they have been out. Therefore, I am out the door between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. walking the little horrors. Mind you, 'twas very pleasant indeed this morning - sun shining, clear blue sky and lovely fresh air so it does have some advantages.
jmd
Grafter

Holly enjoys walks now and finds them even better if they are with a friend or friends!  Photo taken yesterday when she was ready for a walk with Paddy the 14 mth old Irish Terrier.
But she was not so happy this morning as the wind was blowing on her.................