cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everyones favourite granny is off the hook!

Highlighted
Grafter

Re: Everyones favourite granny is off the hook!

Trouble is
They know when they get hooked on these poisons, they can claim sick & dont have to work
Similar principle for the under 17's to get pregnant and get housed by their local councils etc
But what is the worst part is that adults invole children as young as 6 to do their dealing for them.
I swear I only have to hear once and once only that someone has offered my kids any of these poisons I will not be held responsible for my actions as the ecilops will be arresting me
Since all these celebs, polititians etc keep getting away without any punishment of any kind, what examples is that setting
Even these so-called legal highs are poisoning our kids I know the family distraught in this article
A CWMBRAN family has started a petition calling for shops selling legal highs in the area to be closed down.
Andrew and Nicola McDuff from Coed Eva have started the petition after their 18-year-old son began taking legal highs a year ago.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/10713086.Cwmbran_parents_want_legal_high_shops_closed_dow...
How the hell can they be legal ?Huh
Highlighted
Grafter

I think legal highs only remain legal until the law catches up and bans them.
I heard on the radio last year, it takes some 12 months to ban each individual legal high.
So in that period they can be legally sold.
It's disgraceful of course, but what can you do?
The easy way to clamp down on drugs is to give a mandatory prison sentence to everybody arrested. 
No slapped wrists and cuddles from a 'councillor'.
Users shouldn't be allowed to claim benefits until they kick the habit.
To take drugs, which isn't illegal, you need to buy drugs which is illegal.
So every single junkie is a criminal.
Lock 'em up. 
Each time they are arrested after they leave prison, for drugs again, then double the last sentence.
Yes it will take up a lot of space in prisons, and it will cost money.
But the money saved investigating the muggings, burglary's, and shoplifting that junkies do, plus the money saved not paying them sickness benefit, would pay for the prison places.
It's such an obvious way to clamp down on drugs, but of course, the darlings have their human rights to be taken into consideration!
Highlighted
Grafter

I would say put them in stocks and name and shame then in the middle of their town centres especially if they have been involved in criminal activities to gain finances to pay for the poisons.

Highlighted
Grafter

I think the problem is the fact that drugs are illegal.  Nicotine and alcohol are way more addictive than most class A drugs like heroine and cocaine.  Smoking cigarettes and drinking is also way more damaging to health than using most clean class A drugs - it's the rubbish the drugs are cut with that is most damaging to health.  Apparently, the worst side affect of using clean heroine is constipation - which puts those ads with pale faced junkies into a very different light  Wink
The worst problems with drugs are almost entirely due to fact they're illegal and their supply funds criminal (and terrorist) organisations - like alcohol did in the US in the 30s, but way, way worse.  We've waged a 'war' on drugs for 40 years and we need to recognise that we have comprehensively lost.  It costs an absolute fortune, ruins thousands of lives and supports a vast criminal industry.  To add insult to injury, the only affect it has on supply is to make the drugs more dangerous and damaging for the drug users.  Recent research has shown that, far from big drugs busts increasing the street price, prices more often actually drop.
If drugs were licensed and produced like cigarettes or alcohol it would eradicate almost all drug related crime, remove vast amounts of funding from organised crime and mean drug users had a safer supply.  Users are going to use: why make it more dangerous for them?  Particuarly when it does absolutely nothing for the rest of us except cost us a fortune and make us suffer more crime.
Of course, if I were a drug dealer I'd do everything I possibly could to ensure drugs remain illegal, including funding as many anti-drugs organisations and (usually right wing) anti-drug politicians as I could.  Dealers (and producers to a much, much smaller extent) are the only people who benefit from the war on drugs.  If you support keeping drugs illegal, you support drug dealers.  It's really that simple.
Highlighted
Grafter

@WTF
They are ilegal for many reasons end of.
Look at what the legal highs have also done to our society, and yes they are legal until it takes the process to make them ilegal
Or perhaps
You have not actually seen or had to help anyone affected like the family in the article that was posted and that was from LEGAL HIGHS bought from a shop & not some dealer on a street corner
I am sorry but those who think drugs should be LEGAL need to look at the reality of the drugs whether or not they are LEGAL or ILEGAL actually do to not just the user but their family & friends and those that are Jumped on, Beaten up > Robbed > Burgled etc so that the users can fund their addiction
The authorities already know where they are being imported from and need to club together and stop it at the source but are most likely to scared of the consequences that could follow as the farms are heavily armed and guarded by ruthless people that would kill you as soon as look at you.
Legal or not they they will still be pushed onto our kids, in our schools etc
Look at that Mcat and its variants that is going about, that was found in schools and children as young as 10 getting their hands on it, I know that summer of 2012 Mcat was classed as a legal high and the police was trying to make it illegal, however I do not know if that has changed since then.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

and this makes 10 in a row !  Cheesy
Highlighted
Grafter

@Shutter screenshot proof done for you Wink
Highlighted
Grafter

Quote from: TORPC
Look at what the legal highs have also done to our society, and yes they are legal until it takes the process to make them ilegal

The reason people use 'legal' highs is largely because other, safer highs are illegal.  If you made the other things legal and properly controlled production, everyone would be a lot safer
You have not actually seen or had to help anyone affected like the family in the article that was posted and that was from LEGAL HIGHS bought from a shop & not some dealer on a street corner

I've come across many people affected by drugs.  Almost all would have used drugs regardless of whether they were legal or not.  The fact that they were illegal just meant higher risks and often a higher price for them
I am sorry but those who think drugs should be LEGAL need to look at the reality of the drugs whether or not they are LEGAL or ILEGAL actually do to not just the user but their family & friends and those that are Jumped on, Beaten up > Robbed > Burgled etc so that the users can fund their addiction

That would be a way more convincing argument if the drugs were actually legal when all those things were happening.  The fact is that it all happens now while drugs have supposedly been banned.  The fact that it is so prevalent is ample illustration that banning simply doesn't work.  
To paraphrase the man: repeating the same thing over and over and expecting different results makes no sense at all.
The authorities already know where they are being imported from and need to club together and stop it at the source but are most likely to scared of the consequences that could follow as the farms are heavily armed and guarded by ruthless people that would kill you as soon as look at you.

Again, make it legal and the violent ruthless people will soon be out of business
Legal or not they they will still be pushed onto our kids, in our schools etc

Quite.  Drugs are freely available in schools when illegal, legalistation and licensing are hardly going to make things worse.  It's possible - since the drugs will be coming from companies with licenses and reputations to consider - that legalisation and licensing could may make things a lot better.  Shouldn't we at least give it a try?
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

I personally think the government should be taking a lot more responsibility for this mess.
If our nation is so screwed up and oppressed that people need to take chemicals to get their 'high' in life then something is seriously wrong!
It needs fixing.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Grafter

The way the government is going at present it will only make matters worse and make those growers, importers, pushers dealers richer of course
Poverty will make people do things that they would otherwise never even consider doing like breaking the law, start taking drugs to suppress the reality of life, which will lead to an upstream in crime for those who get addicted yet alone for the poor folk that may attempt to steal a loaf of bread to feed their children as their benefits have been sanctioned for nonsensical reasons.
My neighbour had his money sanctioned because he could not log into his Universal Jobmatch account with an issue that affected many a person countrywide, his money was stopped for 3 months.
Me and SWMBO helped him out and so did a few other neighbours, he had no money to get his child anything for Christmas  and that was for no fault of his own.
After making a lengthy formal complaint he has now had most of his money backpaid but still approx 1 month outstanding when I spoke to him yesterday
and the likes of DC / IDS needs to be brought into the reality of what they are doing, but we know they do no I repeat do not care