cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everyones favourite granny is off the hook!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Everyones favourite granny is off the hook!

So Nigella is off the hook! Proof that being famous these days does pretty much guarantee you a hassle free life as a coke snorting law breaker!
The good news however is that if you're called Tulisa it doesn't apply  Cheesy
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2546694/BREAKING-NEWS-Nigella-Lawson-WONT-prosecuted-courtro...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
24 REPLIES
Fixes: 125

Re: Everyones favourite granny is off the hook!

Nigella admitted to taking drugs (is that actually illegal?) whereas I think Tulisa (I assume you mean Contostavlos) was charged with the supply of drugs?
It reminds me of the discussion in this thread.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

as they were class 3 drugs I think - yes it is but you have to consider whether it is worth the cost
Community Veteran

The reason for the decision was stated as:
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said the television cook, who admitted taking cocaine during the fraud trial of two of her former assisants, would not be prosecuted over her courtroom admissions.
PitchBlack
Grafter

I saw something on MSN where she was in America doing a cooking show, I would have thought she wouldn't have been allowed in. Maybe admitting taking drugs doesn't count if you are not prosecuted and have no criminal record for it.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Yeah I wondered about the USA thing too. Admitting to a crime in public is in my book as good as being found guilty.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Quote from: PitchBlack
I would have thought she wouldn't have been allowed in.

She was lucky to be allowed entry to the US:
However, he pointed to sections of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act that say that individuals may be considered inadmissible not just for being convicted of a crime “involving moral turpitude” but also for admitting voluntarily they have committed such a crime.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4

Back to a question asked earlier though, is "using" drugs a crime?  "Supplying" obviously is
Devonian
Grafter

Personally I can't understand why the Police haven't at least searched Nigellas home for drugs after her admission, after all, taking drugs means you have to be in possession, and the amount she takes must mean a fairly significant amount is kept by her some where?
Granted the police may not be able to charge her for her court admissions, but they could charge her if they found any at her home.
The only difference between Nigella and Tulisa is the fact Nigella admitted to it in court, where Tulisa was set up by a journalist.
Same class A drug, same situation, 1 is charged, 1 isn't.
On that basis I can break the law with an accomplice in any way I wish, stand in court as a witness, admit to everything and walk away scott free, my accomplice however could be arrested and jailed. Hardly fair is it?
Devonian
Grafter

Quote from: Kelly
Back to a question asked earlier though, is "using" drugs a crime?  "Supplying" obviously is

I'm sure I was told/read somewhere that possession of drugs, buying drugs, and supplying drugs is illegal, but consumption of drugs is not.
I would suggest that if it was, then our streets would be much safer.
Fixes: 125

Quote from: Devonian
The only difference between Nigella and Tulisa is the fact Nigella admitted to it in court, where Tulisa was set up by a journalist.
Same class A drug, same situation, 1 is charged, 1 isn't.

Whether Tulisa was set up is down to the courts to decide but the fact is she is charged with supply of a Class A drug whereas Nigella admitted to taking it and not supplying it.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Quote from: Kelly
Back to a question asked earlier though, is "using" drugs a crime?

Clearly yes unless you seriously believe it's a victimless crime.
Just how many people died and how many children were led into a life of crime or worse by being a small part of the supply chain just so a daft woman can stick drugs up her nose.  Because she was having "a tough time".
Devonian
Grafter

I maybe wrong, but I read Tulisa was charged with supplying, because the reporter who posed as her friend for months, asked her if she would give him the number of her dealer.
In the eye's of the law that's dealing.
I find it hard to believe that Nigella wasn't either given a dealers number, or gave out her dealers number to friends/acquaintances because that's how it goes.
Either way though, Nigella has still admitted to a sizeable coke habit, meaning she is either in possession on her person, or at her address of a class A drug.  
I don't care if Tulisa was set up or not, drugs are drugs, they are both as bad as each other.
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: Devonian
I would suggest that if it was, then our streets would be much safer.

Would make them push it more on the kids, as they did in an area I used to live, by pushing the so called legal highs that still contain illegal drugs
Look at some areas where they were being pushed round schools in sweets formats I think popsicles or something similar
Devonian
Grafter

I think a zero tolerance on illegal drugs is way past due.
If you use them, or supply them, you should be locked up.  And if you are an addict the court should order you to be imprisoned until you are off thee drugs.
These people have been treated like victims for far to long.